Miss feeding Maruzen APS 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss feeding Maruzen APS 2

Hi all, have myself a bit of a problem. My Maruzen APS 2 is miss feeding bb's. When a BB miss feeds it falls in-between the cylinder head the Laylax PSS2 Aero Hop. I then have to take the gun apart, pull out the spring stopper and pull the bolt out, then the bb falls out.

I have tried using different bb's and with the Devils the miss feeding is not as frequent as any others but still happens. Any ideas?

Also, I have lost the rear Zero Trigger screw and am in need of a replacement, does anyone happen to know the dimensions or where I can source a new screw?

Thanks in advance, any help would be very much appreciated.

Rob

Re: Miss feeding Maruzen APS 2

I have the same issue with my APSL96, it's a flaw that can't be helped, only realistic option is to make sure when you load it,
    that you don't tilt the rifle to have the muzzle end upwards, stops the BB rolling backwards.

It can only happen if you cock it twice, or there is a loose BB in the hop up well, which is more to do with your cocking technique.
    You can also cock it sideways to ensure the BB doesn't roll backwards. I'd be thinking if you're cocking it with the rifle pointing upwards you're not doing it right- which is why whenever I cock the rifle, I do so with it level pressed into my shoulder.

If you're not double cocking, it's may due to a misalignment of any of these, the only way you could possibly have a BB behind the hop up is if there is a loose BB when you are cocking to the rear

I've had to do this many times in the field and i've just worked on my technique, stops it happening after a while.
    Last edited by HunterAndy; 30 July, 2011, 19:51.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

I had a similar problem with my modified APS2, it seemed to solve itself once I took the outer barrel off and screw it back on properly. This seemed to align the magwell better so the mags fitted properly and that did the trick.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, just shot a few more rounds without any miss feeding. Shame about the flaw, as its a superb gun

Rampage, yep that seemed to do the trick for me a few hours ago but then just started miss feeding again. I only have one magazine though so it another magazine that is in a bit better quality than this one may help.

Cheers

Rob

Comment

try slightly pushing the mag up when loading, could be mag too low or too high in magwell

Originally posted by Metalbody
          pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

I too had the problem but only ever resolved by ensuring i didn't have the front end of the gun lifted up, even slightly.

I changed bb's from blaster to Madbull and Madbull were probably better but i would put it more so down to bad mechanics than BB's.

Comment

Well it looks like there is nothing stopping a BB rolling backwards in the time you have the bolt all the way to the back. I am going to try a range of BB's though, first Guarders and see how they go. I know what the issue is now so I'll just have to work with it.

Thanks for all the help.

Comment

be surprised if altering BB's will fix the issue, will be an expensive test trying different brands.

maybe you could mod the hop by adding a blob of glue or something somewhere to prevent bb's rolling backwards but to allow the cylinder head to go into position normally and still be able to adjust the hop?

Comment

What you would need as a solution is the equivliant of a mechanical valve in the hop up unit, something that allows the cylinder head to push through but nothing can go back the other way apart from the cylinder head exiting...

It wouldn't have to be a strong spring, something that is easily brushed aside by the cylinder, just enough to stop the force of a .43g bb rolling backwards, just a little steel needle or prong would probably suffice!

Unforunately the cylinder head nozzle is the same diameter (give or take a 1/10th millimetre) so the only way you could work this, is in the interior part of the hop up where the cylinder nozzle passes through via a spring valve. Think I should patent it, but i'm probably not going to ruin my £50 PDI hop unit for the sake of experimentation

Comment

@ badas, its not so much the miss feeding now, Im just going to experiment with BB's to find what works best now, maybe try some SGM's as well. I may try and mod the hop as the wall on the hop unit that the cylinder hear hit have pretty much bent and cracked out of shape and have had to bend / super glue it into its back into its original place. I'll probably buy another Aero Hop in time.

@ HunderAndy, I was thinking the same although I think I'll let you attempt that fix. I used to keeping the barrel pointed down to avoid miss feeding. Just desperately need some new magazines now.

Thanks for the replies,

Comment

Just a heads up, ive cured the same prob with my M24 which uses same internals.
                      I changed the pdi Cylinder head nozzle back to the original and it cured it!

Comment

Originally posted by private parts View Post
                        Just a heads up, ive cured the same prob with my M24 which uses same internals.
                        I changed the pdi Cylinder head nozzle back to the original and it cured it!
                        Ok thanks, is there a major difference between the original nozzle and the upgraded one?

Rob

Comment

I'm curious as to how this works, because the problem lies in that when you cock it back, a BB is able to roll through the gap in the hop up unit where the cylinder head has been withdrawn by the cocking action.

The cylinder head change may stop a BB from getting dislodged on cocking but if there is one loose in the chamber, it would still roll back into the nether void that is behind the hop unit

Comment

mine was feeding 2 bb's up into the hop when pushing the bolt forward and then jamming

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Puddzzz Find out more about Puddzzz
                            Working...
                            X