Lightening an L96 piston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightening an L96 piston?

Hi all, just wondered if lightening a stock L96 piston would have any benefits?

I know you can achieve higher rof by doign it in an AEG but wondered if anyone had done this for a sniper rifle and what happened?

Thanks

Re: Lightening an L96 piston?

Not really mate just makes a slight loss of db is sound levels

Doing so on the Ali pistons works great as gives you a slight in reass in fps I mean one or two fps due to being lighter etc

But the stock piston has no point in having it done really

Comment

Negligible as to how it will increase fps, as no matter how many holes you drill, it's still the same volume of air in the cylinder being forced out...

As for any benefits to an l96... No, more likely you'll crack the piston over time due to weakening it, especially with a big spring under so much tension, so I wouldnt!

Shim the inner barrel, to stop any barrel wobble, ptfe tape the cylinder, make a better air seal, clean the inner barrel and use decent ammo, laughing!

Comment

Yup thanks guys, done all the hop and barrelwork, hope arm in the stock unit is currently great condition so just using that for now, going to 0.36's using 460fps consistently...

I put a 5 to 7mm thick sorbo pad on the piston head and has got rid of the clicking noise when pulling the cylinder back, ptfe taped all threads etc..

Stock is filled with foam but wondered is there anything else to make it quieter apart from what has already been mentioned?

Comment

Hehe there is alot you can do mate,

My daddy 96 was as quite as the gspecs!! Ask Aribos

Comment

Could you write up a list? I have briefly checked other threads and used google but just says same as i have already done and an airbreak but don't fancy using an air brake.

Comment

The airbrake is crap

The dampened cylinder head from laylax or polar star, element or polar star three stage piston, sorbothane covering the whole piston top needs to be about 3pm thick

A solid wooden or polycarb barrel spacer that dampens any sound that resonates inside the outer barrel wall, fill the stock with bubble wrap or expanding foam,

Keep the rifle well greased mate, and make an over barrel suppressor, you will notice the rifle will be very silent

Comment

Thankyou

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badas Find out more about badas
                Working...
                X