Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing brands for internals of bolt action snipers

Hi all.

I was wondering would it cause any issues if u mixed brands for internals?
    For example having Laylax hop, zero trigger and such but have a PDI cylinder set? Or maybe just the cylinder PDI and Laylax piston?
    Any recommendations would be grateful as I'm trying to improve my knowledge before upgrading a sniper when I get one.

Hope it's not to much of a n00b question

Re: Mixing brands for internals of bolt action snipers

Your best bet is to stick to one manufacturer for all of it. The only real exception being the sears. If you go down that route instead of the zero trigger.

You have to watch out with the PSI cylinder sets too as they come in a few favours. The boreup ones being useless unless you have an extended outer and a huge inner barrel. Also you have pistons with 45 and 90 degree angles for the sears. So then you have to ensure you get the right sears to match.

Then you go onto the cylinder head. One matches for the normal hopup unit the other only works with the PDI hopup unit.

If you want to use PDI then stick with all PDI parts. Same with laylax with the exception of using PDI sears. I'd personally recommend sears over the Z-trigger purely for the fact that replacements for sears are readily available. If your Z-trigger breaks your only option is to buy a new one. Your talking at least tripple the money of a sear set.

Comment

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!

However, PDI components don't mix with Laylax, but Polarstar and Laylax work together. I'd listen to hunter101, stick with one brand. Good luck upgrading, and check out the VSR upgrade guide if you haven't already and the comments too, and there have been loads of similar threads so check them out too.

Hope you find what you're looking for!
      Originally posted by psirus101
      I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

if you read pdi's website it has a lot of info on how they specifically designed there zero triggers for their other parts, differeing from the standard design to try and offer you more. its certainly worth a read if you havent done so already.

Comment

Just go all Laylax. It's easily available and Zero One sell it all. Also, it's a very popular choice for VSR's. Laylax parts can be mixed with brands like Polarstar, whilst PDI cannot mix with any brand.
          Originally posted by psirus101
          I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Originally posted by MiloXC3 View Post
            Just go all Laylax. It's easily available and Zero One sell it all. Also, it's a very popular choice for VSR's. Laylax parts can be mixed with brands like Polarstar, whilst PDI cannot mix with any brand.
            Not all the laylax parts available. Simply as they appear to not be made anymore. You won't find the sears anywhere, also the Z trigger is a pest to get hold of now.

And some PDI parts can be used with laylax. The sears can, and also one of the spring guides i believe work also. You just have to make sure you get the correct parts

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FireShark03 there finnaly actually put some details in :-D Find out more about FireShark03
            Working...
            X