VSR spring Guide Stopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSR spring Guide Stopper

Encountered an annoying problem as of late, The gun was working perfectly fine until the last 2 games of my skirmish on the 28th. The spring guide stopper kept coming lose and popping out even so much as when I pulled the bolt back.

Now I took it out and have seen a fair amount of wear in it, it comes out and goes back in with ease, now I'm wondering if replacing it would be a better long term solution than sticking some rigid foam / a small motor spring in the gap.

I've also read about and seen that it could the spring that powers the gun, it's a Laylax 150SP spring which is giving out about 425 FPS, so it's lost a lot of power. Would simply swapping it for a new (will be clipped) 170SP spring provide enough tension? Or is that it's time is up and it just needs to be replaced with a PDI/Laylax one?

On that matter it shouldn't make a difference if it's the PDI or Laylax stopper right? Even if the rest of the gun is Laylax upgrades, right?

Any help would be appreciated!
    sigpic

Re: VSR spring Guide Stopper

The PDI one won't fit. I have one here and it doesn't fit either my TM or JG trigger mech.

So your stuck with a replacement TM/JG or Laylax if you can find one.

Army does one but unfortunately it's only available with the Sear Kit.

Polarstar may also do one, but i've never looked at Polarstar as it's only readily available in the U.S

Comment

Surely a few minutes with a filing down the PDI one would be easier than trying to source a discontinued Laylax one?
      sigpic

Comment

I'll be honest with you and say i don't have a clue why it doesn't fit. When the cylinder isn't in it fit's the mech. But as soon as you put the cylinder in there it won't budge. I myself have no idea why not. So if you want it you can have it for £15 posted. They are £20 without shipping everywhere else. Mines unused simply because it doesn't fit

Comment

Well sir, give me a couple days and I'll think about your offer, in the mean time I'm going to try and source some stiff foam or a small fat spring to fit in the gap.

I'm also interested in those barrel spacers if you're willing to let them go that is.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm not splitting the gun itself at the moment. But if it doesn't sell before midweek then i'll entertain splits.

I've just checked the spring guide again and it's a tight fit in my JG cylinder but does fit. But as soon as the cylinder goes into the receiver the stopper won't budge at all. Same with the teflon cylinder. It's a looser fit in the cylinder but as soon as the cylinder is in the receiver it won't budge. That's with a JG and TM mechbox. I've checked my receiver alignment and it isn't anything wrong with that. It's just really confusing as to why it doesn't fit

Comment

Guess PDI made it slightly too big. I have read about people having to file some spring guide stoppers down to make them fit snugly, I guess it's the PDI ones. Shouldn't be too much hassle going at it with a file till it fits properly. 'Till then I can use some stiff mattress foam or a little block plastic I found to wedge it in there for the next skirmish.

Keep me posted if you're going for splits :D Have been after some spacers for a while now. Oh and btw, if that spring guide stopper isn't fitting properly into the cylinder then it's scoring the inside and I'd take that out straight away and use the stock one cause frankly, it's just not worth it. But a file and some perseverance never hurt anyone..yet!
              sigpic

Comment

It's not fitted mate. It was so tight i didn't even bother trying to tap it in. The stock TM and JG ones slide in with ease.

Comment

So it needs a bit of filing on the sides and the top, no problem
                  sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kagedwolf Airsoft enthusiast Find out more about Kagedwolf
                  Working...
                  X