L96 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L96 Help

Hi guy wondering if you could help me , I just purchased a well warrior l96 mb01 sniper rifle and l keep finding that me bbs are flying to the left. Have not touched the hop up or anything like that. Bit keep hearing things about hop problems. Hope you can help me many thanks
    Ricky

Re: L96 Help

Hi Ricky, the standard hop up on the L96 is pants. When I checked mine out after the second or third game the rubber & nub were screwed and the whole unit was generally buggered to the point of no return. Although if you're not going to be looking for the big 500fps, I would just replace the nub and/or rubber and that should see you out.

Although take your barrel out and check that there is no bends in it. The inner barrel tends to be 6.05 so I would clean it out to make sure that there is no bits in it that could be sending the BB off it's path.

I would just take everything apart, clean it all out with some soapy water, lube the bits that are needed and then put it all back together. If the BB is still going left then I would consider buying a new hop-unit and/or barrel. Seeing as though the regular hop unit is hard to find by it's self I think your best bet would be to get the PDI hop-up unit, especially if you want to get the best out of it. A new barrel shouldn't do you bad either.

If you need to know any places to get all the parts, as I'm not allowed to put the websites up just PM me and I'll tell you a place where you can get them, easily.

G'luck!
    - Josh.

Comment

Often they are poorly constructed in that the hop rubber and inner barrel was fitted at a slight scew.

It is just a case of taking it appart and giving it a re build making sure it all lines up propperly and making sure the cylidner is not caked in grease inside it! If so it will just keep greasing your inner hop rubber causing wonky shots.

Also, the stock inner barrels are known / used to be known to be bent slightly to the left causing left curving shots like yours.

I have just fitted a madbull tightbore into mine (hop rubber is upside down on it but still works) hitting 70 metre targets all day long at 470fps.

Comment

haha sorry lads,

but what weight bb's are you using .......

Comment

I'm using 0.2g bbs but when I fire the l96 I goes about 100ft the curves 4ft to the left but when I fire my mp5 I goes 120ft with no curve .ps what weight bbs shall I use for my l96

Comment

At a minimum 0.25s but I use .3 s in mine and its fairly accurate

Comment

lol Guard You got me with my usual first question...

If your firing above 350 you need 0.25's
              Above 400 you want .30's
              Above 450 you want 0.36's
              Above 470 you want 0.4's

That is my typical guide line and massively sorts out side winding BB's.

E.g. i had 0.2's in my M4 they would curve a good 20+ft, used 0.25's and flew straight all day.

So BB weight helps massively and propperly setup hop and alligned internals.

Comment

yeah good point its all down to the weight.
                i stay away from 0.20's as they are too light for any gun..a little wind and there off.
                i use 0.25's to 0.40's and dont have any problems..
                Dont go to crazy on the upgrades for the well as a 6.03 would be good..keep the PDI parts and zero Trigger etc for a more exspensive rifle like a maruzen type 96 which i have or a vsr which is a great rifle too.Th warrior is a good gun but much more reliable with standard upgrades..
                Good luck....
                Member Of Task Force Annex (TFA) Airsoft Team
                Callsign: TFA-2

Comment

I use .43s when it's windy and .3s when it's okay ... I will go down to .25 but with 500fps there is really no need to go that low. I do prefer .30s BIOVALS, it has to be BIOVAL, they are the best BB on the market and although they cost alot, I only shoot 2-3 a game. As sniping is more about recon and stealth than "how many people can I kill". I hate it when people think I will be getting the most kills on the field. If I can help it, I won't shoot Bessie (L96, lol) all game if I can help it, I am the eyes and ears, my team mates are the guns. I feel much better when I watch my enemy from a distance stumble upon an ambush that I know was set up by myself!

Hope I didn't ramble on too much, haha.

Comment

Sorry, I mean .4's ... Don't even know why I said .3!
                    I would edit my post, but I can't lol

Comment

right well first off the bb's WILL go in curve mode if you use .25s,

only use .3's minimum on the l96s as they ( warriors ) are nearly all 450 average out of the box ..

use .36s to get accuracy and .4's/.43s to get the best out of a fully upgraded l96

Comment

haha out of the box mine on .3bbs was 470 bit hot i think was the brand new version ive sorted it now though i use .3's as thats the heaviest i can obtain easily at my site and there fine i use .25's if im desprate and you can still hit something if you adjust for the curve

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Barrett1993 Find out more about Barrett1993
                        Working...
                        X