Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&K Dragunov feed issue

Ello chaps,

right, Ive just got my mits on one of these beauties as a trade from here and Im 99% happy with it. However it has one slight niggle in that sometimes a BB rolls back out of the hop champer and sits ontop the mag, then when you fire the piston head smashes the bb between the piston and the hop unit causing a misfire. Hugely inconvieniant. I think Ive diagnosed the problem, according to t'internets theres 3 grub screws ontop the hop chamber, front one holds the unit together, middle one is hop adjustment and the rear one has a spring loaded ball bearing underneath it to stop bb's rolling back out of the hop chamber.

The rear one is missing, no screw, spring or bearing.

Upon further investigation, the internets also claim that removing this rear bearing is a deliberate modification to stop the weapon from double feeding, so the previous owner may have done this on purpose, or its just fallen out somewhere... whatever it doesnt really matter.

From what IVe noticed it only happens if you tilt the gun upwards slightly so the bb rolls back towards the stock of the gun, if its pointing down or mostly level it doesnt seem to happen, so its obviously something not holding the BB in place.

So question is, what can I do about it? Does anyone else have a draggy with similar problem or had this problem? Where the hell can I find a miniscule grub screw, spring and bearing? Anything else I can do to fix it?

And before anyone shouts "refund!" or "send it back to seller!" I dont want to, Ive been chatting with the seller about it and Im more than happy with the gun apart from this one minor issue.

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
Working...
X