FPS and Hop effect are they related??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS and Hop effect are they related??

Hi guys tried some .3 bbs in my stock FPS TM VSR. and I feel the hop is not effective. when I turn all the hop on it seems to jam the bb. So I'm thinking: if a higher power push a bb in the hop then will provide more spin?? If we say Hop effect= back spin= contact between bb and hop point x FPS. because the contact between hop and bb is constant, so more fps = more back spin.

An other question is zero the scope at 25m is it enough?? After zeroed it if I change the hop I dont need to re zero again right?

Cheers guys!
    sigpicSRC Custom for sale - element gear set and bearing piston head, SHS steel tooth piston, Lonex tappet and steel bearing spring guide, Madbull Hop rubber 6.03 TBB

Re: FPS and Hop effect are they related??

What's the FPS?

Any changes should mean a re zero, as could / would change the flight path.

Comment

It was 300 before I change a laylax barrel in, may be 310ish.
      sigpicSRC Custom for sale - element gear set and bearing piston head, SHS steel tooth piston, Lonex tappet and steel bearing spring guide, Madbull Hop rubber 6.03 TBB

Comment

300 with .2's?

If that is the case, I'd suggest you need to increase this to get the full benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter.mei View Post
          So I'm thinking: if a higher power push a bb in the hop then will provide more spin?? If we say Hop effect= back spin= contact between bb and hop point x FPS. because the contact between hop and bb is constant, so more fps = more back spin.
          Yes. That is correct. However, too much backspin may cause the effect to stop working.

Comment

My site limite is 360 would 50 extra fps improve my range or accuracy noticably?

Comment

ask your self this would dropping it too 250 fps be noticable...

if your answers yes then youve answered your question.

Comment

Do what I did an put in a new spring to get it to around 340 ish then use 0.3s. Maybe at the standard 280 fps its not enough to push the 0.3s. Spring change is relativly easy on the VSR, the only PITA bit is drilling the screw out of the piston/cylinder bit, but if you have a drill with a small drill bit its easy enough. Just watch some utube videos to see what you need to do before you try it.
                AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter.mei View Post
                  My site limite is 360 would 50 extra fps improve my range or accuracy noticably?
                  360 limit for sniper rifles?
                  That's a bit low, isn't it?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hunter.mei Find out more about Hunter.mei
                  Working...
                  X