X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't see my shots to adjust hop or scope

Basically this seems ridiculous on my part
    But I'm fairly new to sniping.

Basically I have some ASG blaster devil diamond grade 0.36g bb's which are a dark red colour and I can't see where the hell they are going to adjust my hop accordingly - same with the scope but I need to adjust my hop first.

It's an ASG covert ops clone of JG bar 10

Re: Can't see my shots to adjust hop or scope

Find a range somewhere, pick how far out you want to set your sights etc, lock the gun down & adjust your hop until you get the best results. If you use a white paper target then you'll be able to see the dark BBs against it. Pick a distance like 150 feet or whatever then just adjust your optics to where you're hitting on the target.

There's probably a better way of doing it but that's what I'd do.

Comment

Have you tried firing with the sun behind you, making sure no shade falls on where they should roughly be?

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk
      PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

what is used for checking cross shots in .22 competitions works quite well in checking shots, take one target (usually centre area is black) and set up at ur distance. then about a metre behind (can be closer for airsoft) place another target made from white paper, directly in line. when you shoot thru the first target you will get a hole in the black target, the projectile will drop in the given distance and go thru the rear target, creating a hole lower down. now when u look at the target, you should see a nice whie hole in your black target where the bb passed thru, as the two holes arent aligned...
        Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Highly recomend changing to madbul 0.36g bb's they are green in colour, just visible too.

If you don't want to do that no i recomend it in the future but at the moment just shoot at a white target and get a general jist of where things are but shoot with sunlight behind or not into shadows.

Comment

Thanks for the advice so far - It's shooting roughly 500 fps with the stock hop unit - what would be a good starting point to work back from? 50ft? 100ft? I mean the only way I will no I am getting the drop off is when they stop hitting the target.

Stupid sniper ammo - I need some glow in the dark ammo is what I need!

Comment

Nope, at 500fps you want to be using 0.4g bb's and i recomend madbull 0.4g BBs that are gold in colour and easy to follow

Comment

The blaster devils cost me nearly £25 so I'm not buying any new ammo for a while!

By the time I get home at 4 its already too dusky to test, I am gonna have to do it on the Saturday before GZ I don't like leaving things fine, it doesn't help my garden is only 100ft long

Comment

Another vote for the .4s by madbull or guarder, easy to track

Easier to work in meters aswell as you will have a 30meter min engagement no doubt, i normally zero to 40M-50M

Originally posted by Metalbody
                  pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Hmm, I will look into the .4s but I'm worried my gun won't be able to hop them as I know VSR (and it's clones) need modification for heavier ammo?

Also I just spent a bomb on these blaster devils that I can't see....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Karnus Find out more about Karnus
                    Working...
                    X