Vsr 10 g spec...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vsr 10 g spec...

i was just wwandering if the VSR is easy to upgrade? and if i upgrade the spring what else should i need to upgrade? thanks for all comments!

Re: Vsr 10 g spec...

Hi Mike,

Yes to get higher FPS you need to upgrade the spring.

If you upgrade the spring you'll need a new piston with steel catch as the stock one will just wear down quickly. You will aslo need a steel spring guide as the will get worn away by the spring as it grates against the base of the spring guide when it is compress/uncompressed.

However in turn, with and upgraded piston, this will wear down your piston sear very quickly indeed so it's a good idea to replace this. When replacing the piston sear it's good practice to replace your trigger sear at the same time.

Done.

So in short, the basics are:

Spring
    Spring Guide
    Piston
    Piston Sear
    Trigger Sear

Comment

Also worth noting you need to make sure all the parts you buy are compatible as if you buy a piston thats 90 degrees angle of engagement and a piston sear made for 45 you will get slam firing.

Also a lot of snipers will probably tell you this (which I am about to): Upgrade your barrel to a tightbore and possibly change your hop rubber, its always better to sort the accuracy/range over the power first as you need the sniper to be accurate over hitting 500fps. The VSR is a quality gun, if you look at the eagle 6 hop arm you will be able to over hop the heavier ammo ranges.

Also make sure you watch all the little springs and the mag catch when you split the body as this is one of the first things to pop out and takes ages to find the damn thing.

Have a perusal of the VSR sticky thread as there is lots of advice in there and if in doubt, ask.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Talk on airsoft mechanics is of tighter bores not always best, theyre reccomending 6.04
        sigpic

Comment

It depends on your setup really and what you as a "sniper" are trying to achieve.

Tightbores offer extra fps without touching any other parts. Personally i use the TM Precision barrels (i prefer VSR Pro) as i have tried tighbores and the grouping at range can be inconsistant. But this is just my experience. Others swear by them.

Airbos is right about accuracy though, it's all about the hop. If you can get that Eagle6 hop lever you're laughing but if not just place a bit of tubing from a WD40 can between the prongs on the hop lever - this will help to hop heavier BBs which you need for accuracy.

Comment

I can tell you from my experience yesterday, if you get the hop arm by e6 you will not be disappointed, it nearly doubled my effective range, just may need to up my fps a little now so the buggers feel it.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mike444mike Find out more about mike444mike
            Working...
            X