Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares Cheytac M200 Intervention Problems

Hi,

I have recently bought the Ares Cheytac M200 Intervention sniper rifle (new) but it's both firing systems (spring and gas) turned out to malfunctioning or should I simply say broken. As much as I can understand that every now and then someone (me) has to get a damaged product it is beyond my "wildest dreams" that the same gun shares both failures and one of them clearly being an assembly issue. Let me get to the details:

This gun should fire 6mm BBs @ 280fps while using spring bolt and 380fps while using the gas bolt. It weights 9,5kg and is 1390mm long. It is huge and heavy and that's fine with me! However:

1. The gas magazine has a broken intake valve and only allows a small amount of gas to be kept inside. Most of the gas (I use 134a gas as recommended) doesn't even go into the magazine. After trying to charge it you can hear a hissing sound of the gas escaping through the same valve (I know it's the same one as it stops when I put my finger on top of the valve. Taking the finger off makes the sound come back.). After a few seconds the sound goes away but when you insert the magazine and try to fire it sends 3 to 4 BBs to a range of about 5-7 meters max. After that it's empty. Now, I know this should be a fairly easy thing to fix but it nearly made me cry when I added it to the "next" problem.

2. I'll just say it - spring magazine and the spring bolt are not compatible! As crazy as it sounds, it's true... It took me two nights to figure it out but I am now certain beyond any doubt that a properly inserted LOADED magazine doesn't allow the spring bolt to travel all the way forward to get locked down. Most of the upper surface of the magazine is cut in to allow the bolt to move on top of it but the base of the BB "feeder" is not and the bolt strikes into it every time when you try to lock it. The bolt literary stops 2-3mm away from the "full forward" position that would allow me to lock it down. I am amazed that there is NO SUCH PROBLEM identified and described anywhere on the net. This makes me think that either the magazine or the bolt belong to a different weapon... (How unprofessional would that be?) Also, the limiter screwed to the left side of the gun that is supposed to not to allow the bolt to fall out only works with the gas bolt! The spring bolt hasn't got that metal "thingie" on the left side that strikes the limiter and stops the bolt from going all the way out of the lock in the gas system. I can pull my string bolt all the way back and take it out anytime!

I am very sad that after spending so much money I end up with a 9,5kg of scrap metal that doesn't do what it's supposed to. My frustration is even greater because I bought it from a good quality distributor and the problems I'm facing would be the last thing I could think of using his service.

Please, could anyone share their knowledge and experience here? Am I really the only person with problem no.2? I have already e-mailed the shop where I purchased the gun and I'm awaiting their response.

Kind regards -
    Darek

Re: Ares Cheytac M200 Intervention Problems

send it back and ask for a tested replacement as it should have been tested before leaving the factory (1 in 10 of same batch of parts etc )
    you may be a king or a lowly street sweeper , sooner or later you all dance with the reaper

Originally posted by Barlow

alcohol + man up + lowered amibitions = lots of sex^2 = ex-who?

Comment

The mags don't work without bbs in them!!
      And all ares gas products leaks from the mag! Mine had the upper and lower o ring ripped!
      As for the range check the hop up mine was loose and simply tighten the bolts! Also the fact you don't fill the mag completely has result not enough pressure to push the bb.

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
      WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Wolf, I'm sorry but you didn't read my post carefully. It said that:

Originally posted by mangaroca View Post
        a properly inserted LOADED magazine doesn't allow the spring bolt to travel all the way forward to get locked down.
        Anyway, so it's just normal that a £1100 gun doesn't work...?

Comment

It's atypical Ares example.... The most overated brand EVER!!
          I have 3 Ares sniper rifles ALL have issues!!

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
          WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgeorge View Post
            It's atypical Ares example.... The most overated brand EVER!!
            I have 3 Ares sniper rifles ALL have issues!!

Wolf
            The issues are not just relevent for the Gas Rifle series. I had a Ares M4 once, I would have picked a £50 springer over that looking back.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mangaroca Find out more about mangaroca
            Working...
            X