L96 compression problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L96 compression problems

hey all, Been stripping down my l96 as its been making a weird/loud vibrating noise when fired (still cant source problem). But When i put finger on opening of cylinder head and pushed pulled back piston (spring was still in) it went forwards without stopping and just went : ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Should i get this http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=3682 with the red cylinder head . Will it give better compression and will it make it less noisy.

Re: L96 compression problems

First thing i would do is put a new o-ring on the piston worth about 20p tops and could solve all problems.

Nothing snapped / badly worn inside the cylinder and trigger mech?

How old is the spring? Has it been chopped too short?

Comment

Had the rifle about 6 months. Nothings looks worn in either and ive never chopped spring. I have a £100 Zeroone voucher so im going to be upgrading but not sure what to get

Comment

What is the current FPS of the rifle on 0,2's?

First thing is a tightbore barrel and new hop arm from Daz666.

If the FPS is already 450+ then don't bother upgrading the cylinder and internals of it. Just concentrate on making it all silent

Comment

from the pm you sent me.... same as badas first comment - repalce the O-Ring! Easy (possible) fix from any plumbing section from say... Homebase, B&Q!

Comment

Ok, Badas Ive got an arm on order. Would it not be easier to get new piston as im going to be upgrading it in future anyway ? and i have £100 voucher

Comment

There is no need to upgrade the cylinder, if you upgrade the piston i believe you need a bigger spring due to the piston having a larger inner diameter...

As you have a zeroin voucher i would get the silencer adapter, good quality silencer, decent bipod (harris style)...

You have the hop arm sorted so all that is left is a decent tightbore barrel but Zeroin don't sell one for the warrior hop unit.. so you can (and i have done it plenty of times) fit a Madbull 6.03 barrel into it that sticks into the silencer slightly. The hop rubber will be "upsidedown" but still work excellently , you may need to slightly modify the madbull barrel by sawing a groove into it for the inner spacers to line up right.

It's about 30 mins work tops to get the madbull barrel inside it. Just replicate the slots and grooves the stock barrel has but leave the hop rubber slot alone, just have it upside down on the barrel so the buckign bit still pokes through

Hope you understand.

Comment

Originally posted by badas View Post
                There is no need to upgrade the cylinder, if you upgrade the piston i believe you need a bigger spring due to the piston having a larger inner diameter...

As you have a zeroin voucher i would get the silencer adapter, good quality silencer, decent bipod (harris style)...

You have the hop arm sorted so all that is left is a decent tightbore barrel but Zeroin don't sell one for the warrior hop unit.. so you can (and i have done it plenty of times) fit a Madbull 6.03 barrel into it that sticks into the silencer slightly. The hop rubber will be "upsidedown" but still work excellently , you may need to slightly modify the madbull barrel by sawing a groove into it for the inner spacers to line up right.

It's about 30 mins work tops to get the madbull barrel inside it. Just replicate the slots and grooves the stock barrel has but leave the hop rubber slot alone, just have it upside down on the barrel so the buckign bit still pokes through

Hope you understand.
                Ok thankyou I think il do that

Comment

mate, as both badas and myself mentioned, just replace the o-ring first, it wont hurt to try

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

pureairsoft11 Find out more about pureairsoft11
                  Working...
                  X