what make l96 is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what make l96 is this?

just got this off a forum member,but dont know what make it is.
    the bolt is different than the usual l96 type (looks more like the one on a vsr/bar10). apart from the fire/safe and the normal/hop there are no other markings on it.its firing nicely but was just curious as to which comapny made it.
    so if anyone knows then it would be much appreciated.
    thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
    Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Re: what make l96 is this?

From the picture it looks like its running off vsr mags?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jelliffe99 View Post
      From the picture it looks like its running off vsr mags?
      ahh yes,i never caught on to that.thanks for pointing it out.
      sigpic
      Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

No problem mate, i'll guess its either a tm vsr or JG bar10 put in a L96 stock.
        sigpic

Comment

yep,your probably right,
          it isnt a jg as i used to have the bar10 and the barrel end is very different.if memory serves me correctly the jg was different internally to the one ive got now too.
          but ive been mistaken before.
          sigpic

Comment

Without a doubt...... that is the AGM L96!

It's a hybrid.

It uses a VSR trigger mech but the cylinder is smaller diametre so and takes APS parts (not type96) - so even the standard Warrior L96 parts wont fit. The piston naturally is also a smaller diametre using a 45 degree catch. VSR Pistons wont fit.

The hop is similar to VSR but again the diamtre is slighter less wide to into the outer barrel.

How do i know this...

This rifle isn't particularly great tbh, aftermarket upgrade and replacement parts are hard to get hold of so would only consider this a beginners sniper rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by dazz666 View Post
              Without a doubt...... that is the AGM L96!

It's a hybrid.

It uses a VSR trigger mech but the cylinder is smaller diametre so and takes APS parts (not type96) - so even the standard Warrior L96 parts wont fit. The piston naturally is also a smaller diametre using a 45 degree catch. VSR Pistons wont fit.

The hop is similar to VSR but again the diamtre is slighter less wide to into the outer barrel.

How do i know this...

This rifle isn't particularly great tbh, aftermarket upgrade and replacement parts are hard to get hold of so would only consider this a beginners sniper rifle.
              cheers mate
              i can make pistons and spring guides myself on a lathe so upgrading isnt a problem,could take casts of the sears and get them cast or milled.
              its just good to know what make it actually is.
              thanks lads
              sigpic

Comment

As dazza has said its an AGM

think the model number is along the lines of mp006,

its the same internals as the mp001( vsr clone of a clone ) which hardly any vsr parts fitted :p

hope you find someplace for it mate

Comment

Originally posted by r6shooter View Post
                  As dazza has said its an AGM

think the model number is along the lines of mp006,

its the same internals as the mp001( vsr clone of a clone ) which hardly any vsr parts fitted :p

hope you find someplace for it mate
                  so its a clone of a clone of a clone lol
                  as i said earlier,im going to make an aluminium piston and spring guide,then see if i can get the sears milled from stainless,that way it should take a stronger spring.
                  im going to polish the barrel with some teflon spray and see what that does............a project to work on
                  in the picture is a piston i made for my bar 10 a few years ago,its slightly larger so had a near perfect fit,which with the aluminium spring guide i made,it slightly upped the fps.i never got round to making the sears for it,but back then i didnt have the time....so hopefully ill be able to turn a clone of a clone of a clone into somthing that gets hits.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

The sears are vsr. I know the piston sear will just drop in. I think the trigger sear will fit too with a bit of filing, so it might not be necessary to make your own.

Good effort on the piston though!

Comment

Originally posted by dazz666 View Post
                      The sears are vsr. I know the piston sear will just drop in. I think the trigger sear will fit too with a bit of filing, so it might not be necessary to make your own.

Good effort on the piston though!
                      cheers mate,thats saved me a job
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

magslap Find out more about magslap
                      Working...
                      X