King Arms SVD - Hop up bucking and rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Arms SVD - Hop up bucking and rubber

Needing some help guys if possible - I recently re-acquired a King Arms SVD which had a few issues - most of which have now been put right.

Problem is the Hop bucking and hop rubber were totally "shot" (no pun intended) and so ive been looking for a replacement. There doesn't appear to be anyone selling any specifically designed for this rifle though (The A&K version has a different set up). The Hop rubber appears to be unique compared to anything else ive seen in that its one long piece of rubber that goes from one side of the chamber to the other, about one third of the way down the overall diameter of the chamber itself......

Does anyone know of a hop rubber / hop bucking combo that will fit?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.......

JZ

Re: King Arms SVD - Hop up bucking and rubber

Hey,

I have the A&K SVD and have been told that you can use certain household items as a replacement for the rubber, including the ink tube from a ball point pen!!
    I have not tested this theory (and would not like to be held responsible for any damage using such an item may cause!!) but if you put a bit of Google time in there are mentions of this on other forums (mainly American ones).

Regards,

Brian.

Comment

Thanks for the response Brian - I was thinking of using something along those lines, but wondered if there was a "factory" replacement in the market. Having googled for hours, i'm thinking not! (unless i'm just not searching right!)

I'll probably try out the ink tube, will let you know how it goes. Thanks again for your help

JZ

Comment

I do not believe there are many, if any, aftermarket hop up parts for SVD's, certainly not the A&K version.

Found this on a US forum, he uses electrical wire for his hop up nub....says it workd a treat, but he has drilled out the old small grub screw, tapped it and put a larger one in though...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
        Last edited by Petrol Punk; 21 December, 2011, 13:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Petrol Punk View Post
          I do not believe there are many, if any, aftermarket hop up parts for SVD's, certainly not the A&K version.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
          Someone has made an aftermarket hop unit for the A&K but not many people know about it...

When I had my SVD I used a cut up oring for a hop nub and it worked fine..

Comment

I thought the A&K version was a direct clone of the KA?

Btw, google "a&k hop unit" - third link will detail the new upfraded hop unit now available.

Comment

Good find there mate... currently out of stock though on the suppliers site

Will keep an eye out for one of them!

Comment

There are 2 places they are available right now, I've seen them. They are different from the A&K tho. The hop housing is different on the A&K than it is on the KA which means it won't fit.

Thanks for the pic Brian, I had considered that also but thought with copper wire inside it probably wouldnt return too well when I backed the hop off

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jayzee Find out more about jayzee
                Working...
                X