L96 wont zero in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L96 wont zero in

ok so i have a L96, iv changed the hop up. but i cant seam to zero it in, it always fire a little up and to the right, my scope is zero'd in max top and right but i still cant zero it in, any ideas on what could be wrong with it?

i think im trying to zero it in at around 70 meters Fps is around 400-450 ish

thanks
    181jenkins

Re: L96 wont zero in

If the rifle is firing straight and true when looking down the side of the rifle then naturally the scope will need adjusting.

If you have tried and failed it might be due to a faulty scope. I had something similar happen with one of my older scopes, it turned out the cross hairs came loose and would not move no matter how much i adjusted the settings.

Does your scopes cross hair actually move?

Comment

The range is the problem

With the standard l96

Try ranging and zeroing at 45-60 m then you know using .3s wil be accurate at that range

Also when using that range use .36s and you'll have to fully and precisely set the rifle up

Then once it's set up without the scope on
      Move onto the scope, mount it on an m4 and move the turrets to get the reticle sort of centralised
      Then move onto the l96 and try at a shorter length zero

Comment

ok thanks well the im using .3s and the scope seams to be working fine.
        ill try and zero it in a bit closer

Comment

what mounts do you have? try clamping the rifle down and adjusting the turrets on your scope to see which way the cross hairs move

Comment

um Normal mounts? im not sure lol, should i put a 3rd on so i know it wont move?
            and the cross hair's do move yeah

Comment

2 mounts are all you need... if the scope is loose try puting some tape round the scope to make it clamp tighter, all i can really say tbh.. apart form having a look, range as said is a issue as it is a BB after all.

from a person who uses air-rifles as well as airsoft guns.. do not bother with scopes.. the reason being is the variables on a BB when compared with a pellet... with the acception of one gun that i managed to Zero a scope to ... well-ish was my Systema, and even when wind and hop affected it.. imo Don't bother.. use it top spot not shoot.

Comment

um well i have a range finder one you use for DIY to get the distance of the room etc.
                iv had a few problems getting it to read but i got it working one time (tonight) and it was at 26m so around 85.30 foot, will try and get another reading....
                but if this is thee range that that will be why, and again if its at this range then i have to say im surprised. with .30's that its hitting almost the same spot at around 400 fps ish (poor mans crono)

Comment

The adjusters for moving the cross hairs are only designed to give you small final tweaks, they're not there to get your scope lined up.

If you read the instruction manual that comes with a decent real steel scope you'll find that there are two stages to zeroing a scope:

1) With the rifle ideally clamped into place on a bench, but at the very least firing from a solid rest, fire a few rounds into the target you are using. Then with the cross hairs in the central position (as you've already adjusted this, you may need to count clicks to get it back to center) move the scope around on the rail and clamp it into position as close to the average center of the shots that you've fired. If you have to, use a little packing to shift the mount on the rail (or the scope in the rings) as needed, as long as you can clamp it tight, it doesn't matter how much packing there is in there.

2) Again, with the rifle in a firm position, fire a few shots and then without moving the rifle adjust the cross hairs to line up over the holes. Repeat until you're happy with it.

People often make two common mistakes. They either try to adjust totally with the cross hairs (as you've done) when there simply isn't enough adjustment there in the first place. Or they try to adjust the scope by putting the cross hairs on the center of the target each time and estimating the amount of adjustment needed, rather than just moving the cross hairs to the point of impact which (if you think about it) is what you are trying to do when you zero a scope.
                  sigpic

Comment

thanks for the help guys but i think i have sorted it. Turns out my Scope was some how not Straight while being clamped down. at 85 foot. it got a grouping of around a meter squared.
                    strange thing is, i had taken the scope off a few times and it went on the same. but last time it didnot. (the right way), at least its working now

thanks for all of your help.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

181jenkins Find out more about 181jenkins
                    Working...
                    X