A&K Dragunov FPS issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&K Dragunov FPS issues

So I took my dragunov out for a skirmish the other day, first game of the year and Ive been away on work so havent been playing with my toys.

It was chronoing at around 220fps.

The last time I used it, (about 2-3months ago) it was consistantly sitting at 495-497 fps, each time, every time.

I havent touched it since the last time I used it, it has just sat in my gun box all by itself. The spring hasnt been left compressed as I make sure to fire off the action before putting it away. Ive taken it apart and had a look, I cant physically see anything wrong with it, hop is intact, air seals seem good (Ive ptfe taped and silione greased everything that needs it) spring seems to be ok, barrel is clean. I cant for the life of me figure out whey its lost nearly 300fps just by being left alone for a few months.

Internally its got a Prometheus PSG-1 length 6.03 tightbore, firefly red hop bucking and an M190 (I think) spring.

I swear airsoft guns are the only thing in the world that can break just by doing nothing.

Re: A&K Dragunov FPS issues

Broken chrono? Lol.

Seriously have u tried it on a different chrono? My chrono once went mental and said my (very) consistent VFC m4 was doing 90fps when it was actually doing 345...
    Honor before Victory

Comment

Yea check the chrono is set to FPS not MPS. Does it seem underpowered? I had a similar problem when I put a ported cylinder in backwards lol. But you say you haven't touched it. That is weird. Sounds like an airseal problem or a chrono problem.

Comment

Well everyone else's gun chronod fine, and my AK74 which I had to use isntead was chronoing at its usual 340ish fps.

I thought airseal too at first but everything seems fine, no rips or tears in the tape or hop rubber, everythings in good condition. Ill have to borrow a chrono for a few days and fiddle with it.

Comment

Check compression see what you get.

Comment

have you tried another spring out of interest?

Have grease on the piston o-ring?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
            Working...
            X