TM VSR-10 Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM VSR-10 Issue

Hey everyone. Now the problem is since the day my friend purchased his TM VSR-10 from Z1 it did not shoot straight. The bb's curl to the right every time. What could be the problem, the inner barrel or hop bucking? It's also been upgraded with an sp130 spring and spring guide now. I plan to purchase it from him and to get it functioning correctly. Any help would be great

Re: TM VSR-10 Issue

How long ago was the rifle purchased? If it is a short period of time then your best course of action is to stake a claim with Z1. Explain your problems, explain how it has been that way since he got it - ask them to take a look at it and try to negotiate so that they cover some of the costs. If its significantly 'lemon-ish' compared to normal TM VSR's, which it is, then they will hopefully accept some responsibility towards their loyal customers.

If you do end up sending it to them then don't forget to take advantage of the oppurtunity; either to get them to upgrade it whilst its with them and/or purchase the upgrades from them and ask them to pack them in with the VSR when they return it to you - thus saving your friend some postage costs.

Comment

He purchased it over 9 months ago or so. The problem can be either a dirty barrel, or warped or could be the hop rubber. Not sure atm

Comment

Curving of BBs is usually due to the hop rubber not applying equal pressure on the BB.
        First remove the barrel and hop unit and before dismantling the hop unit look down the barrel from the hop end* (try and press down the spring loaded bb rest) and apply hop - can you see the hop rubber appearing more prominent on one side - if yes this is whats causing the curve. Simple dismantle and rebuild.
        Here are some other things to try if not the above:
        1. clean inner barrel
        2. check inner barrel isn't curved or warped by removing from the hop unit and rolling on flat surface
        3. check condition of hop rubber - replace if worn or split
        4. sometimes people wrap ptfe tape around the barrel and hop rubber - this might not have been applied equally or simply worn away
        5. hop lever is broke - unlikely
        If in doubt rebuild the hop with a new hop rubber (assuming barrel isn't warped).
        You can always perform the "bic biro pen" mod. Get a slice of biro pen inner tube, or better still a snip from the tube that comes with a WD40 can and glue this between the hop levers prongs - make sure it is dead level. This will give equal pressure on BB and also help lift heavier ammo such as 0.36 and 0.4g which is required to be a good sniper.

Best Regards
        Darren
        ASPUK

Comment

Originally posted by dazz666 View Post
          Curving of BBs is usually due to the hop rubber not applying equal pressure on the BB.
          First remove the barrel and hop unit and before dismantling the hop unit look down the barrel from the hop end* (try and press down the spring loaded bb rest) and apply hop - can you see the hop rubber appearing more prominent on one side - if yes this is whats causing the curve. Simple dismantle and rebuild.
          Here are some other things to try if not the above:
          1. clean inner barrel
          2. check inner barrel isn't curved or warped by removing from the hop unit and rolling on flat surface
          3. check condition of hop rubber - replace if worn or split
          4. sometimes people wrap ptfe tape around the barrel and hop rubber - this might not have been applied equally or simply worn away
          5. hop lever is broke - unlikely
          If in doubt rebuild the hop with a new hop rubber (assuming barrel isn't warped).
          You can always perform the "bic biro pen" mod. Get a slice of biro pen inner tube, or better still a snip from the tube that comes with a WD40 can and glue this between the hop levers prongs - make sure it is dead level. This will give equal pressure on BB and also help lift heavier ammo such as 0.36 and 0.4g which is required to be a good sniper.

Best Regards
          Darren
          ASPUK

Cheers bud. I was the one that emailed you saying I had found you on that 'other' forum. Once this problem is fixed I'll be buying that upgrade set

Comment

No problem, don't forget to reply to this thread and let us know how you get on!

Comment

Will do. I just picked it up from my friend. Going to strip it down later on

Comment

Right, I gave the whole system a dismantle. Cleaned and greased up what I had too, checked for any signs of damage or parts being mis-aligned and didn't spot anything. Now I was a bit naughty and had a test fire out the window on the 6th floor of my flat with a .25 with the hop half way up. The result's are unconfirmed as it was a tad windy and open enviroment but the shot approx travelled around 80-100ft and curved to the right before I lost site of it. I will do some further tests on Sunday at my skirmish site and hopefully, it should be firing with much better accuracy. Once this issue is solved then I'll be moving on to some upgrades to turn it into a BEAST!

Comment

Use 0.3g bbs whilst it's in stock form mate, u will get better results.

Comment

Originally posted by dazz666 View Post
                    Use 0.3g bbs whilst it's in stock form mate, u will get better results.
                    I have .28 .36 etc too but I only tried the .25 because the bb was white instead of green or black so I could track it better at that height. I'll use the heavier bb's on Sunday and see how my grouping is. Still need to pick up a scope too

Comment

Right I stripped the whole system down and cleaned it and re-built. Seems to be much better now and shooting quite accuractely. The only problem is that when each shot is fired, the rifle is quite loud, it was previously like this before also. What could be causing that? If someone is within 30-40ft of me they're going to hear it clear as day so stealth is out the window atm. I've got a few upgrades to purchase such as the piston etc, would that quiten it down or is the noise purely caused by the spring? It has an sp130 (I think) yet to chrono

Comment

noise - love this one.

It's not unusual unfortunately.

I fill the stock with old torn t-shirts, this helps a little however a well packed out silencer is by far the most effective.

If you have the G-Spec i know of good place to get really really good silencer foam - tried and tested!

If you have a Pro version either leave as is or get a silencer, you'll need a silencer adapter.

There are also Sorbo Pads - these stick to the cylinder head . They are rubber pads that help decrease the impact noise of the piston but they also reduce fps from around 15-30 fps! These are hard to find as they often go out of stock quickly!

Comment

I'll have to look into what I can do to reduce the noise. For now I'm looking forward to the sear set your dispatching . Scope is on the way too. Spring and spring guide is fitted. Still need to pick up a piston too and probably make my own spacers.

Comment

I fitted the sorbo pads and found them crap to be honest.

I got better results from using the black piece of Laylax sorbo and putting it on the outside of the cylinder head between the cylinder head and the hop unit.

Filled my stock with plastercine and also arround the trigger mech.

Also PTFE tape the outside of the hop rubber and also a smidge inside where the hop rubber goes over the inner barrel but don't have it covering your hop window ofc.

Custom silencer is good too, yet to do it for my VSR but made one for the MK23 socom pistol and they are worth the time packing them out propperly

Comment

The hollow area's have now been padded up so should prevent at least some of the noise caused when firing. Still few bits left to do in terms of upgrades and hope to have it up and running within the next week or two.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vulcan Raven Airsoft'in since 9th Jan 2011 Find out more about Vulcan Raven
                              Working...
                              X