Chinese rifles and their upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese rifles and their upgrades

Okay guys, trying to get a list together of rifles to build a dirty sniper with. Looks are not too important, but what is important is upgrades that are needed. As it will be resprayed and covered, Exterior finish is not much of an issue either. Literally all I want is a tube with spring and what not, plastic stock, and trigger!

It's a bit tricky finding out which Snipers work with which line of upgrades, and what is complete hogwash. A lot of then are 'fully upgradable' which doesn't mean much!

Currently looking at a Swiss Arms SA1 (have been informed it's vsr upgrades, but have nothing to go on that with)

Re: Chinese rifles and their upgrades

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
    Currently looking at a Swiss Arms SA1 (have been informed it's vsr upgrades, but have nothing to go on that with)
    I was told the complete opposite - that it wasn't upgradeable at all.

Someone in another thread (may not have been on this forum, though) mentioned a VSR11 for £99 that was supposedly VSR parts-compatible.

Personally, I'm starting with a JG BAR10 G-Spec.

Comment

Yeah I heard the same, that it could only take a few trigger upgrades like sears, and then not even any parts references.

I would love to get my hands on a bar10 but the only prices I can find are in excess of £100, and as Id only be sniping for a change of pace from time to time, dont want to spend a bomb!

Comment

Your not going to get a good sniper for <£100.

Best you can do on the cheap side is a 2nd hand warrior l96 and upgrade it as you can but your going to need to pump over £100 into it for it to be any fun to use.

Comment

http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/i...p?topic=5640.0

Comment

You can get the HFC vsr11's which are vsr compatible and so would be a pretty good base platform, ive also heard that the warrior MB-06 is very good out of the box but not sure about upgrade compatibility

Comment

cant see it, need to log in and cant for the life of me remember my log in from yonks ago! any chance you could copy and paste the essentials?

Comment

Not quite true on the £100 front. A friend had a Chinese one, stuck a better hop in it, heavy weight ammo and shot very very well for the money. I'm trying to replicate that experience really

Comment

Airsoft sniper parts has a list of what parts fit what rifle including pictures

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express
                  King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                  www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Aha will take a look

Comment

How about an A&K SVD?

I've seen one used at GZW that has had it's bolt replaced with a CO2 one and the performance is stunning for a budget gun.

The gun's available for around the $100 mark from HK and the bolts are on ebay for around £80.
                      sigpic

Comment

CO2 is banned at my site, and for the ease of upgrades I'd rather have a sprig! I've heard the dragunov sprinters are to be avoided, as there's massive problems with the bolt or something?

Comment

To be honest I wouldn't consider a spring one, it was the CO2 system that made it an interesting option in my book. No problems with sears or anything as all the working parts (including the CO2 bulb) are in the bolt itself.

Oh well, never mind. I'll crawl back to my corner
                          sigpic

Comment

Haha. If a as one becomes available, I might look at it, but it's a big price increase for a gas clone

Comment

Basically, it's a build log where he builds a 670fps Bar10 (confirmed hits at 390 feet) with a +/-3 fps deviation for about $130. He uses a lot of cool techniques like adapting a regular hop rubber for VSR use and custom made some parts to keep costs down. Have a read, it has got some very interesting methods.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor &amp; Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                              Working...
                              X