X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSR 10 - Slam firing.

Hello there,

before everyone gets started,

i've upgraded the piston - trigger sears with SHS steel ( tested to 600fps apparently ).

everything has been fine for a few weeks.

Earlier on my gun randomly jammed, and i didnt have a cleaning rod so i took apart the hop up system to take out the jammed BB.

Now i've put it all back together, it fired normally for a few shots, then when pulling the cylinder back and pushing it in it would half way through just fire without even pulling the trigger.

now it is just constantly slam firing.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!
    sigpic

Re: VSR 10 - Slam firing.

did you have trigger adjustments finely tuned before you swapped the sears,

many people lately are having problems with the shs sears,

also check the piston for signs of wear mate, alone the engaging edge,

have you got the correct 45 degree piston- sears, or the 90degree versions

Comment

Ok - i've taken the trigger box apart - no cracks in either the piston or trigger sears, checked the teflon rings are aligned, and they all seem fine. One thing i have found - if i hold my trigger mech tight enough (must be keeping the piston sear on the lip of the piston?) , i can pull it back fully, but it just sticks there, until i relax my grip, however when i try to push it in when its locked back (thinking it will go in normally) it just slams in.... ideas?

Ta!

EDIT - could it possibly be Cylinder Release lever ( thing behind the spring ) or the trigger stop?
      sigpic

Comment

I had the same thing, turns out the spring guide wasn't screwed all the way in.

Comment

Ah - i have the SHS steel spring guide so no give on there.. could it be the spring stopper behind it is worn out or something?
          sigpic

Comment

I had the same problem and for me it turned out the spring guide sear thing would not stay up, small peice of gaffa tape later and problem was fixed

Comment

Yeh common issue is spring guide stopper dropping out if spring is too short or not very strong. A bit of wrapped up tape wedge in between the trigger guard will stop it from dropping.

ASPUK have updated their sear installation guide if you do a google.

Comment

Just an update - fixed this, thanks chaps
                sigpic

Comment

how?

Comment

Regreased the mechbox / sears , Reinforced the spring guide stopper, Reinforced and upgraded all mechbox springs. i Believe the trigger sear spring was crumpling under the pressure.

Now she's firing happily at a consistant 495

Rich
                    sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RCW05 I R REAL SOLDIER! Find out more about RCW05
                    Working...
                    X