Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What BB's for perfect comb. of TK Twist barrel & TM L96 Sniper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What BB's for perfect comb. of TK Twist barrel & TM L96 Sniper?

Hey guys,
    Just a quick one, been looking at upgrading my Tokyo marui l96 for a while just havn't got around to adding all the parts up i'm getting for it. So, just going for the standard first upgrades you do to most guns of a new barrel, new bucking etc etc. Now onto my question, I am going to be buying a tanio koba twist barrel for my tokyo marui l96 which fires at, on average, 310 FPS w/ .20g so that would make an amazing combo with the TK barrel fps 'limit' of 1 joule! However, what size bb's shall I use in coordination to this - as I have also heard some speculation on the TK barrel only being able to use .20 gram bb's, whether or not this is true I am not sure and can't seem to find out, but if it is - might put the sniper at a possible disadvantage, compared to using higher gram bb's such as .30's :/ The only ones avialable (Due to site regulations on bio bb's you can use) are .20s, .25s, .28s or .30s.
    Thanks for the help guys.
    Cheers

EDIT: Just indirectly seen that this guy has

'311 fps with .28's and 308 with .30's)- so considering it's around 330fps with .20g's'

therefore it should work with heavier bb's I believe :D As test shooting today of my sniper shown that 0.25's at long range started to go a bit screw-if :P

Re: What BB's for perfect comb. of TK Twist barrel & TM L96 Sniper?

Go for .30s. The bbs tend to be heavily affected by the wind because they are shooting at about 1 joule, so you need heavy ammo so that the wind doesn't affect it so much.
    Originally posted by psirus101
    I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Does it not say on the tanio koba site? I'm not sure what weights the barrels can handle, I would assume an infinite weight as long as its under 1j best thing to do is if you put it in, grab some heavyweights and try them. Just remember may be less affected by wind but will be slower reaching the target than the 500fps rifle so remember to compensate on your leads if you are used to a high fps rifle.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

definitely use zero one bb's, nothing bad will happen at all.....
        The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Queboo12 Magpul User and Abuser Find out more about Queboo12
        Working...
        X