Drilling out VSR GSpec dead pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drilling out VSR GSpec dead pin

I own 2 TM VSR GSpecs and I know they have a dead pin stopping the cylinder head from being unscrewed. I know these need drilling out. Yesterday I bought 2 4mm titanium hss drill bits and 2 3mm standard has drill bits spent a good hour drilling out one and in the process snapped both 3mm bots and totally destroyed the the 4mm bits. The job was done but not very neatly.

Im going to drill out the dead pin in my second VSR.

Now my question to u is what drill bit should I buy to make this one easier quicker and neater.

Thanks

Alias (Adam)

Re: Drilling out VSR GSpec dead pin

I drilled mine out in less than 5 min, you have to buy a drill bit for metal, make sure you are not using a drill bit for wood etc
    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Slow and steady, use oil to help the friction lessen.
      sigpic

Comment

Cheers guys am gona buy a cobalt drill bit today. Hopefully it will do the job.

Comment

If the pin's stainless steel, that could be the cause of your woes - it's very hard. The HSS and/or cobalt will do it, but it'll take some time.

Comment

Well my centre punch barely did anything so I'm guessing it's the tuff stuff.

Comment

try scraping a cross over it first so you have a centre point, check youtube also
              AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Don't know if you have access to a pillar drill or not but I used one and a BS4 centre drill and I have to say it turned out to be one of the neatest I've seen.
                sigpic

Comment

I bought a 3.5mm cobalt drill bit and it was like a hot knife through butter. Also bought a 3mm cobalt bit for mt MK23 socom mags.

Cheers

Guys

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Alias Been Airsofting since september '06 Find out more about Alias
                  Working...
                  X