• Show
Clear All

• the_firing_dutchman
    replied
    Beats allowing known scammers to have free reign... ‍♂️

Leave a comment:

• tackle
    replied
    Threads like this have been doing the rounds on zin for literally years, while I don't disagree with any of the points Rampage has made, something dedicated needs to be put in place, if for no other reason than to explain & cover zero one's/zin's arse by way of a disclaimer that also explains the pitfalls potential victims face, as well as the legal routes open to them for reporting & potential recompense.
    Part of the problem can be the members themselves (noobs & vets) & let's be honest who really sits down & reads all the rule before cruising the classifieds & getting goggly eyed at all the shiny kit we desire lol.

To this end, my question to Rampage & other admin, the point I previously made regarding another forum having a hi-viz banner link automatically embedded in to every classified ad, does the forum software have the ability to do this ?.
    Within this banner could be an informative page giving all the do's & don'ts of trading here, including examples of previous scams, information on police departments of use if your unlucky enough to get turned over, & any limitations on assistance the admin here can offer, & obviously end it with a detailed disclaimer absolving the forum itself of any blame.
    ​​​​​​​Feasible ?

Leave a comment:

• Rampage
    replied
    There is a guide: https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forum/an...ding-on-zeroin

I would like to think that people have some common sense that I don't have to put notices up everywhere that there may be con-artists/scammers in operation.
    It's a free classifieds forum, on the internet.

Leave a comment:

• tackle
    replied
    This is a copy of text from another forum, it's contained within a warning banner that appears above EVERY classified as on the forum, warning of this particular scammer, surely it would be helpful to have a thread or section on this & other scams that members need to be aware of ? :

When it comes to Online Airsoft Scams, we find swaps are the routinely the most prolific.

One party will send their gun/gear and the scammer won't. They get a free gun and you're out of pocket.

Please be extra vigilant when doing a Swap with someone.

I'd even go as far to suggest never doing a swap unless it is in person. I recommend trying to meet at an airsoft site.

On a similar note, please be extra wary of anyone using a BT33 postcode.

This isn't to say that everyone from that area is a scammer, far from it, but it's known as the location of one prolific scammer in particular - I won't name him here, but it's easy to find out who.

Just be very careful and try not to fall for any lies or tricks.

Leave a comment:

• the_firing_dutchman
    replied
    Well at least you save them the hassle of having to create new account each time...

suggested steps zeroin could have taken have been made by other members here, and in the other thread. I’ve also been told other forums have a more proactive stance with regards to these issues as they don’t want to have any role in facilitating a platform for scammers, or even have any affiliation.

Take action, yes this has happened, together with the help of a few very proactive and determined forum members who contacted me via PM straight after the incident. But thank you for the above

Leave a comment:

• Rampage
    replied
    OK..... Why is this Zero In's problem? If the guy has broken the law, then contact the authorities, If you don't YOU are the one who's allowing them to continue. TAKE ACTION YOURSELF!

The authorities will then send a data request to us which we will happily provide. At that point the LAW will take action with the provided evidence, and if they are found guilty then suitable punitive action will be taken against said person and they might learn their lesson.

IF I BAN THE PRICKS THEY MAKE FRESH NEW ACCOUNTS AND CAN KEEP CONNING PEOPLE TILL THEY RIPPED EVERYONE OFF!

Seriously, take action yourself and stop trying to pass the buck onto people who aren't responsible for your actions.

Leave a comment:

• the_firing_dutchman
    replied
    The worst part is not even that after the effort I won't be getting my Glock back, or that a thieving bastard is at it again, but that zeroin has thus far made no effort in reaching out to me or doing anything solid. As far as I can tell he still has free reign on this forum. Even though at least one mod knew about his activity.

It surprised me, after all the years or popping into their store, both at the airfield and the other side of town. Always received great service and advice and liked their products. I must have spent thousands of pounds there. Hell, their woodland site was the first site I ever played back in 2007! and ended up becoming my local....

Leave a comment:

• the_firing_dutchman
    replied
    The mods even removed the word scammer from the title. Seems they’re more concerned with not upsetting this thieving bastard feelings than helping out zeroin customers.

Leave a comment:

• BIGwat
    replied
    Originally posted by simon View Post
    I think we all gave AFUK the heads up on him. I always have doubts about sending anything to Ireland that's gun shaped but gets that's just because I'm old and grew up in the time of the troubles.

Mods, is there any chance we can change the name of this thread to include all the names he using? Would just help to have it there rather than scanning through the entire thread.
    that would be a good idea, I only knew by the off chance I looked on the lost souls and just glanced past the name airsoft4you

Leave a comment:

• simon
    replied
    I think we all gave AFUK the heads up on him. I always have doubts about sending anything to Ireland that's gun shaped but gets that's just because I'm old and grew up in the time of the troubles.

Mods, is there any chance we can change the name of this thread to include all the names he using? Would just help to have it there rather than scanning through the entire thread.

Leave a comment:

• BIGwat
    replied
    Thats brilliant! I let them know about it and they said they'd assist on it, Just done a bit more searching on him and i do believe he goes by the name shotgunate on there aswell as the same guns are being sold by him living in the same area one of which was the same rifle i was going to swap for.

Leave a comment:

• tackle
    replied
    Well done mate, I shared your post in AFUK & he's gone now.
    Everybody needs to be on their guard & do plenty of research if considering a swap, & when buying under no circumstances send payment via bank transfer or PayPal friends & family, if you do your throwing your money away

Leave a comment:

• BIGwat
    replied
    i know matey my gut was telling me something was wrong towards the end of it and it was right, funny thing was he said just before I asked to check for proof of his user name beside his gun "I hate scammers, ill give you proof I don't want you thinking I'm one" then the name wasn't deedee it was airsoftforyou, so... I confronted him about it and his response were " sorry must have given you part of my email address" haha then gave me some sob story how he's had a bad day and his kids have given him grief. told him the deal is off and sent him a screenshot of this thread lol

Leave a comment:

• BIGwat
    replied
    good thing I read this post a few days ago i almost lost my gun until i remembered the name airsoftforyou currently doing a deal with a guy called deedee on airsoft forums uk just before sending tomorrow morning I asked for a username tag on his gun only instead of deedee it said airsoftforyou with the exact same address as the ops description

thanks for starting this post, just saved me about£500 worth of kit.

Leave a comment:

• simon
    replied
    Just realised that he tried to scam me on another forum, going by the name 1911nut.
    I too tried to sort a swap for a Costa Custom with my Glock and asked him to send me picks with his username on the photo. Thats when it all went quiet.
    I did get in touch with a few other users that were waiting for items that had swapped/bought to turn up, I'll give them a shout and see it they ever got anything.

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

the_firing_dutchman Find out more about the_firing_dutchman
Working...
X