Airsoft4you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft4you

Last week I agreed on a trade with airsoft4you. Shortly after posting and sending proof of postage the guy made excuses why he hadn't been able to give me a tracking number for his parcel. Since then he has not visited the forum.

Upon posting the above experience in one of his sales threads it turned out the moderators knew about him as I was told by one of them in no uncertain terms that I will never receive the parcel (why airsoft4you profile was still allowed to be active on here when he is a known scammer is a different matter).

I would strongly advise anyone who wants to do swaps with a guy in Northern Ireland, possibly using the first name Steve, using an address similar to the one below to be most careful.

langley road,
    Ballynahinch
    Co down,
    Bt248da

(not his actual address and probably not his real name)

I have made contact with authorities and in the end it was counter-terrorist police (!) who have taken an interest.

We have a great community here, and I personally have traded without issues up until now. So I am determined that others avoid experiences such as this - especially as some of us play on a tight budget (made even tighter with COVID).
    Attached Files
    AIRSOFT WEAPONS M4 (recoil)sigpic

Hate to say it but sounds like you were had over be Stephen Glennie, an infamous scammer in NI who mainly works in "too good to be true" swaps, he pops up every so often with new usernames on various forums.
    he has been nicked before, some may remember him ripping off H4H for thousands, you could contact NI police, dunno whether they'd be interested ?.
    & Yeah, how can he be known to the mods under that username & the profile is still live, that's very odd​​​​​​​

Comment

Yeah mate, contacted.

I've just read the newspaper article about him and he seems like quite the shark. Nice example to his three children....

edit: the deal itself wasn’t even too goo to be true. He wanted a g19 I wanted a g17...

Comment

I posted on his thread warning people but the entire thread was removed. Did a reverse image search on his rifle photo and it came back as a real AR15 on a US site from 5 years ago.
        Hope you get something back.
        Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

Good due diligence there pal... yeah weird how the forum moderator knew I’d never get my parcel when I told them of the user account and yet zeroin never thought to ban him..

Comment

Yeah, admin are more worried about falling foul of data protection laws etc, than actually protecting honest forum members from being scammed, total BS & I'm sure someone's gonna say it's more complicated than that, but it shouldn't be, after all I'm sure the criminals involved aren't gonna get all butthurt & go to the popo.

Comment

Guys let’s be clear about the moderators on this forum as we seem to be getting talked about as if we sit idly by letting this happen.

As of now I am the only frequently active moderator, with others occasionally logging on but not consistently enough to be aware of what’s happening day to day on ZeroIn. I do not have the power to ban users on this forum, as there is different privileges given to the various “ranks” of moderators. I have the power to remove, move, edit, and alter various parts of the forum and keep an eye on things but as mentioned before I do not have the privileges that allow me to ban users. I can issue infractions which go against a users account, and accumulating enough of them will cause the user to be banned however this function of the forum is currently not working and will simply keep adding infractions without banning the user.

I’m trying my best to keep everybody happy, but between trying to manage and assist others on this forum, managing my own personal life - on top of a job I work 60 hours a week, it’s difficult for me to be as helpful as some expect me to be.

All I ask is that you don’t put this down to the admin team, as quite frankly, this is it as of now! We’re trying very hard to keep the forum active, and user friendly. We will continue to work and make the forum a safe, friendly place for airsoft.
              "Remember, when you're lost in the darkness, look for the light”

Armoury: Tackleberry custom Systema M7A1 PTW, TM HK416C, TM FNX45, TM M870, KWA Mega Arms MKM, Snow Wolf M82A1+ more

Comment

Aaah now it makes perfect sense. At first I thought it weird for zeroin to allow known scammers on the forum...
                thanks for clearing that up.

So what you are saying is, you knew about it, reported it to higher and nothing was done. Or did you know and not report? At the very least you did know about airsoft4you as you told me in now uncertain terms I will never see my parcel.

Comment

Can the mods not put a note on the scammers ‘about me’ section if you can’t remove them? I’m sure everyone checks that before making deals. If not, buyers should.

Comment

well, the mods even removed the word ¨scammer" from the thread title, so not sure about that. H4H robbing Glennie must be pretty content with this kind of Zeroin action

Comment

Originally posted by DEDSEC View Post
                      Guys let’s be clear about the moderators on this forum as we seem to be getting talked about as if we sit idly by letting this happen.

As of now I am the only frequently active moderator, with others occasionally logging on but not consistently enough to be aware of what’s happening day to day on ZeroIn. I do not have the power to ban users on this forum, as there is different privileges given to the various “ranks” of moderators. I have the power to remove, move, edit, and alter various parts of the forum and keep an eye on things but as mentioned before I do not have the privileges that allow me to ban users. I can issue infractions which go against a users account, and accumulating enough of them will cause the user to be banned however this function of the forum is currently not working and will simply keep adding infractions without banning the user.

I’m trying my best to keep everybody happy, but between trying to manage and assist others on this forum, managing my own personal life - on top of a job I work 60 hours a week, it’s difficult for me to be as helpful as some expect me to be.

All I ask is that you don’t put this down to the admin team, as quite frankly, this is it as of now! We’re trying very hard to keep the forum active, and user friendly. We will continue to work and make the forum a safe, friendly place for airsoft.
                      So what you are saying is, you knew about it, reported it to higher and nothing was done. Or did you know and not report? At the very least you did know about airsoft4you as you told me in now uncertain terms I will never see my parcel.

Comment

Just realised that he tried to scam me on another forum, going by the name 1911nut.
                        I too tried to sort a swap for a Costa Custom with my Glock and asked him to send me picks with his username on the photo. Thats when it all went quiet.
                        I did get in touch with a few other users that were waiting for items that had swapped/bought to turn up, I'll give them a shout and see it they ever got anything.

Comment

good thing I read this post a few days ago i almost lost my gun until i remembered the name airsoftforyou currently doing a deal with a guy called deedee on airsoft forums uk just before sending tomorrow morning I asked for a username tag on his gun only instead of deedee it said airsoftforyou with the exact same address as the ops description

thanks for starting this post, just saved me aboutŁ500 worth of kit.

Comment

i know matey my gut was telling me something was wrong towards the end of it and it was right, funny thing was he said just before I asked to check for proof of his user name beside his gun "I hate scammers, ill give you proof I don't want you thinking I'm one" then the name wasn't deedee it was airsoftforyou, so... I confronted him about it and his response were " sorry must have given you part of my email address" haha then gave me some sob story how he's had a bad day and his kids have given him grief. told him the deal is off and sent him a screenshot of this thread lol

Comment

Well done mate, I shared your post in AFUK & he's gone now.
                              Everybody needs to be on their guard & do plenty of research if considering a swap, & when buying under no circumstances send payment via bank transfer or PayPal friends & family, if you do your throwing your money away

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

the_firing_dutchman Find out more about the_firing_dutchman
                              Working...
                              X