Current books?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current books?

I've just SMASHED Pathfinder. Absolutely amazing read. If you have seen or read Generation Kill, this is something totally different. Its about British Pathfinders who surge forward nearly 200km PAST the 2nd RCT just after they take Nasiriya during the invasion of Iraq. If you know the airfield that RCT 1 assault, this pathfinder packet of 6 (plus 3 recce engineers) were originally given the task to recce it and get 3 Para onto the airfield. Put it this way, they dont get there, but f**k me its a story. Excellent writing by the author, and such a vivid description.

Also about to start reading 'Trudge', a zombie survival fiction. Part of a trilogy and supposed to be amazing.

Re: Current books?

hmm i'll check them out any Links allowed in this thread?

if not Check out
    The Bartimaeus Trilogy. (-Jonathan Stroud-)
    The Inheritance Trilogy. (-Christopher Paolini-)
    Fiction but all about Magic and stuff like that Great Read's or just check out their Author's

Comment

With the old breed at Peleliu and Okinawa - E.B Sledge
      memoir by Eugene Sledge, a United States Marine about the pacific front of WWII.

Comment

Hmm, 'Trudge' looks interesting. Not sure it will ever compare to 'World War Z,' but I might give that a go.

I've started reading 'Halo: Cryptum.' I sort of regret it. It's not great so far...

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

I'm reading: Love and Sex with Robots

So interesting. It's exploring if mankind could ever have a relaionship with a robot!
          Women already use vibrators, some men too lol, and then goes on to discuss our fascination with a new electronic gadget. Phone, laptop, iPad etc.
          We can't put them down and we get obsessed.

Well imagine if that iPad could 'make you happy'

would you?

Comment

Just read a set of 3 books by andy remic, the combat k scifi set. All I can say is
            1:he needs help
            2: the first was ok, but by the third he had run out ways of describing things and the general depravity of the character had gone from adult funny to written child sick. There are only so many ways you can describe zombie robot nurses with puss for nipples...yep you got that right...and it gets worse!

back on ebay they will go.
            Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

50 shades of grey... JUST KIDDING. I'm reading a game of thrones, which is just awesome.

Comment

I know Ive said it in another post, but Sniper One is still one of the best this year...

Comment

Sniper one is an outstanding book think I have read it 3 times now. No easy day is a good read as is wasdin's book sorry cant remember the title but he was one of the seal snipers in Mogadishu an in the convoy from black hawk down a great read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Reading is my one and only leisure time activity. I love it. I'm so glad you have been sharing about books. Nice effort, keep it up. I'm much glad if you can post a good newly released book list along with your post.
                    The private jet charter UK gets the attention of business travelers.

Comment

I'm working my way through the few Vince Flynn books I've missed along the way.

On that subject - WTF is this gun supposed to be? It looks like an L85 with an MP5 mag at the front!:

sigpic

Comment

Try One Second After about an EMP attack on the US and how it affects a small American town. Really gets you thinking about how reliant we are on technology, medicine etc. The premise has the population of America reduced from 300m or so to about 30m through starvation, disease etc.
                        really gets you thinking how long you would last if all electronics failed. No cars, no food, pretty much anarchy!
                        sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Currently waiting for a book called camp 13 (or 14?) about an escapee from one of the North Korean work camps.

Comment

Have any of you guys read 'No Easy Day'? The story of the guys who took down Bin Laden, written by a real member of DEVGRU.
                            Just read the first few chapters and Im loving it so far.

Three reasons to stand up: 1. To get the remote 2. To go to the bathroom 3. Because you’re the real slim shady

Comment

I'm reading war dogs, by al j ventor, its good so far, he knows his stuff !

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hoggy21 Find out more about hoggy21
                              Working...
                              X