Any bassists here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any bassists here?

Just wondered how many of you guys play bass.

How long have you been playing? What sort of music do you play?
    "Unleash just one load into the enemy
    and be ready to go again straight
    away... and that doesn't happen very
    often does it lads!" - ZeroOne

Re: Any bassists here?

One here.. Though not played fir a while

Funky metal stuff, rage basslines and the such.
    Anything that sound good and a bit funky
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

YES! finally a thread for me :P

Ive been playing bass for over 5 years now, used to play in allot of local metal bands, (i may aswell list a few in hope someone knows them :P) Relic, Downfall, Mekanizm, Silas (for a short while when the bassist was ill) Violation Complex, Pastiche (A funk one) and other small time bits and pieces ended up more being a session for allot of bands as i played a bit of everything to an acceptable standard, a few years ago now i got asked to be in a funk band with an up and coming lead singer and got whisked away to Liverpool for a small tour was really cool! got paid for it, i play allot at home now and what with my main band i played in falling through due to uni commitments im now looking for a new band in the local scene, nothing beats playing live being in front of all those people and wowing them awesome feeling, of which id love to revisit.

My weapon of choice is a 4 string schecter, with a vinyl of a lovely 40's clad lady riding a bomb also have an signature Aria (back when they where actually a decent brand)

will have to try get some pics up :P

Comment

haha! just found a really old pic of me in my first band

Comment

Haha, great! I've been playing for about 5 years too. Mainly rock, funk and a bit of metal. I've been trying out some post rock and psychedelic groove recently. Great for composing, and an excuse to use all the effects and modulations :D
          Last edited by Vendettonator; 27 September, 2012, 18:36.
          "Unleash just one load into the enemy
          and be ready to go again straight
          away... and that doesn't happen very
          often does it lads!" - ZeroOne

Comment

I'm a guitarist of 12 years, that occasionally dabbles in the way of the 4 string..

For either personal projects or standing in for mates bands....etc

Rig wise, Epi IV Thunderbird, the older and better made Korean version - it's a warhorse of a bass, going through a Laney RB7, with a ever changing pedalboard in the loop.
            Don't pay attention to my bass as much as I do guitar and rig, but it's cool. (Don't ever get me started talking about guitar effect pedals, I won't stop......no seriously....)

Music wise, it's either standing in for thrash, or going my usual root of black/doom metal.

Only pic i've got of the t-bird currently!

Comment

Bass player here to, here's an old one of when we played the limelight in Belfast

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vendettonator Find out more about Vendettonator
              Working...
              X