Gibson Les Paul LOVERS!!! Led Zeppelin Related Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Les Paul LOVERS!!! Led Zeppelin Related Question

Hi. Just a quick question to you guitar players fortunate enough to own a Gibson Les Paul, how do I get the perfect stairway to heaven tone using a Gibson Les Paul playing through a Marshall DSL-50? The same tone in the video bellow. I can get fairly close, but other than that, nothing. Thanks

http://youtu.be/9Q7Vr3yQYWQ?t=7s

,Ryan
    Einstein said Maths doesnt exist, its just our minds trying to make sense of the universe.

Re: Gibson Les Paul LOVERS!!! Led Zeppelin Related Question

The video won't play for me as my laptop is awful but from what I remember it's quite a treble-based intro
    If it is the intro you're talking about then i'd suggest setting the treble on the amp to about 7, the reverb to around 6 (as it's quite reverby) and then cranking the tone to 10 on your LP on the bridge pickup
    sigpic

Comment

Jimmy Page also recorded it using a Les Paul that used P90 pick ups.

Comment

I was told that he actually recorded it using an SG, though how right that is, I can't be sure, I "think" it was Justin Adams (Robert Plant band) that told me, but I can't remember whether he said "he knew" or he thought". But, playing it the same way as Jimmy, and actually sounding like Jimmy would be two very different things..
        "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

I cannot thank you enough for your advice, I'm much closer to getting the perfect tone. Thanks a million!!!

- - - Updated - - -

This video might answers the question "did Page recorded Stairway using the double neck?". He says he wanted more texture and the double neck was a "perfect compromise". So I believe he did use the double neck to record Stairway To Heaven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqM8FZ6qR6Y

,Ryan
          Einstein said Maths doesnt exist, its just our minds trying to make sense of the universe.

Comment

Ahh, so it was an SG then...and either way, what a player and surely Zep are the absolute, ultimate band...
            "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Well said ol'boy

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ryan2T69 Find out more about Ryan2T69
              Working...
              X