UFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC

i know its abit random but im doing a project, would like peoples veiws on sports or organisations such as the UFC and how they heard about it please
    Thankyou
    Recognise before the wepons rise.

Re: UFC

I first started watching UFC after seeing a youtube video of a really early version of what it is know.
    Most random sports like that that are not commonly played surely are mainly marketed through TV adverts?

Comment

yeah now the UFC is huge worldwide and has overtakenn the boxing world

Comment

Put it in the right section perhaps?

Comment

What's the 'project' about so that I can give you a proper answer.
          102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Its just about different opinions on the sport and how i.t so the game, website tv ads etc. have helped promote the sport

Comment

Bravo RIP
              Originally posted by hellbound
              Magpul'ed guns wish they had Chuck Norris attachments

Comment

Well, long story short, the sport of MMA only really became popular when Dana White had his rich friends buy the UFC for him (which at the time was a failing company as people had quickly become bored with the 'which martial art am bestest?' premise). He then used some simple but effective marketing to get the company back on track but was still seeing no real growth or profit until he realised that the TV goldmine of the eraly 2000s was 'reality TV.'

He thought: "how can I combine MMA and reality TV?" The result was 'The Ultimater Fighter' (now in it's thirteenth season), and it was this show that made MMA 'mainstream.' Arguably Stephan Bonner vs. Forrest Griffin 1 is the most important fight ever in MMA history.

For most people in the US the fact that TUF airs free on Spike TV has been the biggest selling point. This then leads to the buying of the PPV events and the popularity of the sport now. The UK, as always, is simply following the US trend. As a result MMA is seeing the boom here now that it saw in the US three or four years ago.

I've been involved in MMA for 10 years, and it's only been in the last one or two that I've met anyone outside of the previously very close-knit UKMMA community who had any idea what the sport was about. Now there's just a lot of people who think they know.
                102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

http://zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=26

First time I heard about it was when lads at school were doing "UFC" fights at breaktime, turned out to be boxing matches... I asked what UFC stood for and was told ultimate fighting championship. I asked whats that and they said its fighting but anything goes except eye hooks and shots to the balls - having read the list of illegal moves theres a fair few more than that... But what do you expect from a bunch of 15 year olds who think the're 'ard?
                  Anyway, it was 3 years ago when I first actually watched it, 2 of my friends were quite into it and we watched a fight round at one of their houses. I have a slight interest, but I don't really know anything about it, I'd watch it if I got the TV channels but I don't.
                  Originally posted by fijitstiks
                  they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                  Originally posted by N3ADS
                  Is this you talking from experience ?..
                  Originally posted by fijitstiks
                  i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

who would win in a fight between Amir Khan and Alex Reid?
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

first heard about it in friends. but didn't really know what it was until a friend showed me a compilation video of mirko cro cop. then I did a bit of research. but seriously ufc will be nothing until fedor gets involved
                      TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Is there an airsoft version of UFC? Or is it in the wrong section?
                        Oh wait hang on is that what the non airsoft discussion is for, to talk about non airsoft matters!
                        section 24 of the 1968 Act
                        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
                          first heard about it in friends. but didn't really know what it was until a friend showed me a compilation video of mirko cro cop. then I did a bit of research. but seriously ufc will be nothing until fedor gets involved
                          The ufc has brock lesnar

Thanks guys anymore thoughts please post them.
                          Thankyou

Comment

I first heard of MMA when I took up boxing then the UFC got really popular.
                            Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Originally posted by sabreforcesniper View Post
                              The ufc has brock lesnar

Thanks guys anymore thoughts please post them.
                              Thankyou
                              lesnar got his arse kicked by valasquez. and he's not a great fighter to watch. fedor is a beast
                              TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sabreforcesniper Find out more about sabreforcesniper
                              Working...
                              X