Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MotoGP 2011!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MotoGP 2011!

    Anyone else here a fan?

    Big Rossi fan here (since the start). I can hear the groans and accusations of glory supporter already!

    2011 season kicking off this Sunday and it's looking very interesting. Stoner is absolutely on it, as per usual at season start, and Ben Spies could pass as a veteran already.
    Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place.
    If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
    - Lance Armstrong

  • #2
    Re: MotoGP 2011!

    looking forward to it myself mate, you cant help but be a fan of vallis, the guy makes it look so easy. should be fun watching him on the quickest straight liner too.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: MotoGP 2011!

      Originally posted by mack View Post
      looking forward to it myself mate, you cant help but be a fan of vallis, the guy makes it look so easy. should be fun watching him on the quickest straight liner too.
      Yeah, his placing so far has been impressive since Ducati are having big problems. Barbera is a scorcher too, and i'm REALLY enjoying seeing Lorenzo further down the rankings - hopefully this trend continues.
      Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place.
      If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
      - Lance Armstrong

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: MotoGP 2011!

        I don't know what it is but I just don't like Stoner or Lorenzo, theres something about the two that just irks me.

        Also on the Lorenzo front, let see how he does now he doesn't have Rossi/Burgess to develop the bike.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: MotoGP 2011!

          Starting grid

          1.Casey Stoner (Aus) Honda 1min 54.137sec
          2.Dani Pedrosa (Esp) Honda at 0.205
          3.Jorge Lorenzo (Esp) Yamaha 0.810
          4.Marco Simoncelli (Ita) Honda 0.851
          5.Ben Spies (USA) Yamaha 0.958
          6.Hector Barbera (Esp) Ducati 1.086
          7. Andrea Dovizioso (Ita) Honda 1.092
          8.Cal Crutchlow (GB) Yamaha 1.441
          9.Valentino Rossi (Ita) Ducati 1.500
          10.Colin Edwards (USA) Yamaha 1.510
          11.Randy de Puniet (FRA) Ducati 1.519
          12.Hiroshi Aoyama (Jpn) Honda 1.587
          13.Nicky Hayden (USA) Ducati 1.744
          14.Loris Capirossi (ITA) Ducati 2.186
          15.Karel Abraham (Cze) Ducati 2.528
          16.Toni Elias (ESP) Honda 3.855

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: MotoGP 2011!

            I wouldn't say I was a die hard fan but I follow it lighty but for me its pedrosa every time

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: MotoGP 2011!

              Two Hondas on the podium, oh Yeah :D Should of been a 1st and 2nd but Pedrosa fell off the pace at the end of the race with arm pump.

              I think Rossi will start to do better once the bike is developed more and his shoulder gains strenght, but he should of stayed on the Yami or even gone back to Honda maybe. The Duc i dont think will be a championship winner at least not this year anyway.

              Don't really care who wins its more about the bikes for me, but would like to see rossi back on form. Once Lorenzo doesn't win its all good, dont know why but i don't like him.
              Western arms pistol parts needed please pm me
              Any Full Metal WA pistols? Sell me them!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: MotoGP 2011!

                Originally posted by bladerider View Post
                I think Rossi will start to do better once the bike is developed more and his shoulder gains strenght, but he should of stayed on the Yami or even gone back to Honda maybe. The Duc i dont think will be a championship winner at least not this year anyway.
                Rossi wants premier class wins across 3 manufacturers. When he switched from Honda to Yamaha it was a huge risk, but he pulled it off and really helped the factory Yamaha team get back into the game.

                Bike definately needs more development, but I think he did well in the race damage limitation-wise.

                Great ride from Stoner and Lorenzo.

                Feel bad for Capi, wonder if his bad luck will ever end now?
                Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place.
                If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
                - Lance Armstrong

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: MotoGP 2011!

                  Originally posted by Coxy View Post
                  Rossi wants premier class wins across 3 manufacturers. When he switched from Honda to Yamaha it was a huge risk, but he pulled it off and really helped the factory Yamaha team get back into the game.

                  Bike definately needs more development, but I think he did well in the race damage limitation-wise.

                  Great ride from Stoner and Lorenzo.

                  Feel bad for Capi, wonder if his bad luck will ever end now?

                  Yeah i think Rossi is just trying to stamp his name all over it, Ducati don't have a race winning bike at the minute. If Rossi and Burgess cant turn it around like they helped Yamaha to is another thing!

                  The Honda looks very strong this year with all this new gearbox garb was smoking the Yamaha on the straights. Lorenzo might not have such an easy season this year.

                  I know not a good start to things for the team either
                  Western arms pistol parts needed please pm me
                  Any Full Metal WA pistols? Sell me them!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: MotoGP 2011!

                    Don't mind watching it if its on. While I don't really follow or support any particular rider I do like Rossi for his pure talent. I remember when he was in a race, dropped back to last place and still finished on the podium.


                    This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: MotoGP 2011!

                      So, race 2 and Rossi back in style... with a little hiccup half way through!
                      Took me back to 2004 with Rossi's unbelievable pace - AFTER he fell he was lapping 2 seconds quicker than the front pack! WTF HAX!

                      Felt bad for Stoner, but these things happen (as he should know!).
                      Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place.
                      If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
                      - Lance Armstrong

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: MotoGP 2011!

                        yeah Rossi was looking amazing, shame he binned it. Starting 12th on the grid to bin it when going into 2nd. Just proves why people think he is the greastest.

                        Worked out well for him all the other binning it as well as still managing to finish 5th. Liked the coverage of him going into Stoners garage afterwards and Stoner was all smiles, I bet he was calling him a few choice names in his head

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: MotoGP 2011!

                          Originally posted by Deacon View Post
                          yeah Rossi was looking amazing, shame he binned it. Starting 12th on the grid to bin it when going into 2nd. Just proves why people think he is the greastest.

                          Worked out well for him all the other binning it as well as still managing to finish 5th. Liked the coverage of him going into Stoners garage afterwards and Stoner was all smiles, I bet he was calling him a few choice names in his head
                          Yeah, bit of history between Rossi and Stoner, nice to see them behaving like gents.

                          Seriously hope Ducati can sort out the front end wash-out problems, it would be a very quick machine as today showed.
                          Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place.
                          If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
                          - Lance Armstrong

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: MotoGP 2011!

                            Ah missed it this weekend will have to catch it on eurosport .....
                            Western arms pistol parts needed please pm me
                            Any Full Metal WA pistols? Sell me them!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: MotoGP 2011!

                              Originally posted by bladerider View Post
                              Ah missed it this weekend will have to catch it on eurosport .....
                              its on bbciplayer if you can get it in the south.

                              Comment

                              About the Author

                              Collapse

                              Coxy Find out more about Coxy
                              Working...
                              X