F1 2011 Season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: F1 2011 Season!

Yeh, even I, as a big Hamilton fan, see that as fan-boyism, he did deserve his penalty, should of let Di resta +whoever pass really. I don't think I'd call it "seeing the red mist though", he wasn't angry, just trying to make his way back onto the track, and in a moment of tension didn't think carefully enough about what he planned to do, nothing more. Good 200th race for Button, although I think the championship is all but over, with Red Bull 103 ahead in the constructors and vettel 86 ahead ? i think?
    It would take superhuman effort to overhaul them now, especially since Mark appears, for some reason, uncompetitive and Mclaren and Ferrari are so well matched, perhaps if there was one stand out driver from the other guys then it could be close. I also think its a great shame the BBC will be halving their coverage.
    "Its a control column not a joystick"
    Secretary - University of Warwick Airsoft Society

Comment

Im sorry but did nobody notice the lotus that would of clearly hit lewis had he not moved? after the spin he was less than a metre away rolling backwards to the curb and lotus car (unsure which driver) would of gone either off track and crashed or in to back of ham taking each other out and more than likely di resta and button would be in the fall out if not worse. Yeah a driver went off the road but even di resta said it was for that situation slightly mute as he didnt lose out.

Id not go as far as saying fan boy seeing hamilton previous races monaco for example he was a total idiot to say the least. But going on past seasons he does get over punished some what more. And how was that a good day for points wise for the contructers?!?! RB are over 100 odd points ahead.

Vettal has this season in the bag as Webber, alsonso and Hamilton are in there own mix with non on top so the points will go back and fourth and vettal will stay right behind them if not higher. Jenson as i said is 100 points behind which equals 5 race wins and 5 DNF's for vettal to catch up. Massa on 70 points is out completely. Id hoped Webber was going to fight back but he just seems to be a total let down and highly uncompetitive still.

Comment

So, with only the 6 'flyaway' races left and Vettel 112 points ahead of 2nd placed man Alonso with only 150 possibly remaining, it looks fairly cut and dry, especially with Seb in such good form. The question now is; who will be second?

Mark doesn't seem to have been at his best this season and has failed to score a win all year despite the form of his team-mate in what is clearly the fastest car.

Alonso is undoubtedly a quick driver and had a good victory in Silverstone as well as a fairly consistent year but Ferrari have definitely lost the position of "second best" to Mclaren in the recent GPs. He does, unlike the others though, have a clear standing as the N01 driver within his own team.

Jenson is on good form with 2 wins so far in the season and definitely has a car capable of winning races but still seems to lack ultimate pace to Lewis despite leading him in the championship. He does however have extremely good race craft and seems to have a unique feel for the tyres especially in damp conditions.

Lewis has had, "the worst season of his career", in his own words but has displayed a new maturity recently especially regarding the Kobyashi incident and the fight with Schumacher today. He still remains one of, if not the fastest driver in F1; but the question is whether he can turn good qualifying into race results.

so people, oppinions?
        "Its a control column not a joystick"
        Secretary - University of Warwick Airsoft Society

Comment

Nice race yesterday!

As a RBR fan I am in two minds about this.

Yes there is almost no way that Vettel can lose his world championship title but.......WEBBER?!?!?!?!

What's is happening. You were probably the most likely contender for world champion last year leading in to the last race Abu Dhabi. So where has your form gone? you're in the same vehicle as Vettel!

I sometimes wonder if it might just be down to luck. Webber seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time a lot this season, but looking at this compared with the stats for the other top five drivers he isn't that dissimilar. just seems that way because Vettel is never involved due to pulling out an early leead :S

I hope he doesn't turn into the new Schumacher. then again the beebs deal with sky would have been a good one if he does :S

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfozzy View Post
            I hope he doesn't turn into the new Schumacher. then again the beebs deal with sky would have been a good one if he does :S
            At least if he does turn into the new Schumacher we'll have a clean, dominant driver on our hands, unlike the biggest cheat that F1 has ever seen.

Loving that Senna finally has a better car to drive. Really showing his potential - Taught by the best, better than the rest?
            Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place.
            If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
            - Lance Armstrong

Comment

Originally posted by Coxy View Post
              At least if he does turn into the new Schumacher we'll have a clean, dominant driver on our hands, unlike the biggest cheat that F1 has ever seen.
              Well said. However don't all the greatest racing drivers have this problem?

Schumacher
              Senna
              And started to see it in Hamilton.

I'm sure I and others can name more but these are just three world champions that jump to mind :S

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfozzy View Post
                Well said. However don't all the greatest racing drivers have this problem?

Schumacher
                Senna
                And started to see it in Hamilton.

I'm sure I and others can name more but these are just three world champions that jump to mind :S
                Hamilton - red mist, makes bad decisions, apologises afterwards - his talk doesn't match his walk, not very race-drivery (a.k.a acting like a spoilt brat, then running to mummy to make everything better again), but is slowly getting better. Team finds loopholes in rules and exploits them.

Senna Sr. - red mist, made decisions that only he seemed to understand and others found questionable, rarely apologised - purest modern race driver after Gilly V, bent the rules to buggery to win at almost any cost. Team found loopholes in rules and exploited them to the absolute limit.

Schummy - red mist, made decisions that only he seemed to understand and others found questionable, rarely apologised - bent the rules to buggery to win at almost any cost. Team found loopholes but also entered illegal cars into races with his (M.S) knowledge.

I expect any race driver with a true desire to win to make questionable decisions in the cockpit at some point, that's racing. Allowing an illegal car to be smuggled through scrutineering into multiple races under your knowledge isn't racing. It's cheating, pure and simple.

Don't get me wrong, I think Schumacher is an awesome character and driver, his smooth attitude to everything makes him seem almost bulletproof. However, cheating for cheatings sake (when it was fairly clear that he had the pace to trouble/beat his opponents) is a big blot on his incredible career!
                Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place.
                If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
                - Lance Armstrong

Comment

2012 F1 tickets, accommodation and flights booked.

as well as the irish golf open and NFL tickets...

you jelly?
                  K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

• Re: F1 general chit chat thread...

back from Barca F1, what a race, Williams are Back YAY!!!!

i'll throw up some photos later...
                    K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

• Bloody great race as with the season as a whole to this point, I'm firmly glued to the TV...lol

Behind the scenes however...mmmmm

Nico Rosberg, no apparent punishment for running two drivers off the road and potentially causing a serious accident!!
                      Any other driver, Schuey comes to mind, and that would have been sorted quick smart.
                      Then there's Lewis, turns off the car to save the regulation 1L of fuel for testing after qualifying (that was there and then some) and is promptly booted all the way to the back of the grid.

And lastly not a moan but my thoughts go out to all involved in the Williams garage pit fire
                      Could have been sooo much worse.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coxy Find out more about Coxy
                      Working...
                      X