Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The National Airsoft Festival 2019!

Have you booked?

Just discovered the shops not coming this year , that’s utter bollox ! The shop is one of the main reasons it’s worth going (well it’s not for the gameplay is it ? ) so you get to see the kit before you buy and to buy those things you’ve always fancied but never did until it’s in your hands and the moneys in your pocket ! Have to say Zero one that’s really a shitty way to treat the community.
    From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Shitty in what way?! That we've decided not to over-stress the 8 employees that setup the entire thing?

The marquee is still there, it'll just be filled with other companies stuff. Things will be a bit different yes, but the event hasn't really changed

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
        Shitty in what way?! That we've decided not to over-stress the 8 employees that setup the entire thing?
        Err I’d already said why ? Everyone I know who’s going thinks it’s crap the full shops not going to be there and to a man they’ve all said they always buy stuff they shouldn’t but it’s there in front of them and the moneys burning a hole in there pocket . And for a lot attending the Zero one onsite shop is the only opportunity they have to see what a ‘real’ Airsoft shop looks like and not just some guy flogging a couple of crappy guns out of the back of an army surplus shop !
        As to not over-stressing the guys putting it together , very commendable they DO do an awesome job setting it up and most definitely should be commended BUT equally it’s not the paying customers problem is it ? As the event IS the Zero one event it’s not a stretch to expect them to have there wears on display too look at and buy .
        you go in the shop Sunday lunch time and it looks like a horde of Vikings have been through it there’s that little left on the shelves , so not as if your not making money on it now is it ? ! .
        Last edited by druid799; 23rd July, 2019, 15:47.

Comment

I agree it is very shitty not selling the guns

the reason why I find it shitty is down to the fact we have no major retailers within 150miles of where I live and NAF it best time to get “hands on “ I know that’s not zero ones issue. But..

the extra 5 pounds for less too.

also. There prizes have taken a turn too. They may get better but. 2 guns in the raffle ?

depending how it goes this year as we didn’t know about the shop when booked not being there may be our last time

Comment

The zero one shop not being there will make no difference to me personally, they will be bringing consumables and a repair shop which are the most important. Like the man said there will be other retailers there selling rifs and other gear so I don't see the problem. I've always thought that shifting all the stock into the marquee was a mammoth undertaking, I certainly wouldn't want to do it just for a 3 day event. "a shitty way to treat the community"? someone's being a little over dramatic

Comment

More importantly

does anybody know the format for game play I.E

friday night ?
              Sat day / night
              sunday ?
              What games will be running etc.

also if anyone happens to know how close the fire pit section of the camping is to the main village area and game zone ?

And what would be a good good time to arrive Friday ?
              what time does it start to get very busy setting up camp ?

Also any any other recommendations from experienced festival goers would be very useful.

Its our first time visiting NAF so just trying to get a feel for good habits ahead of time

piss poor preparation promotes piss poor performance

cheers guys

Comment

the schedule for the weekend is in the FAQ section of the website

"also if anyone happens to know how close the fire pit section of the camping is to the main village area and game zone ? " 10 metres from the nearest tree branch and you're probably ok, bring a mini fire extinguisher just to be safe

"And what would be a good good time to arrive Friday ?" that depends, if you want a camp closer to the safe zone then join the queue at 8am, if you don't want to queue then get there at 11am and get a further away camp
                "what time does it start to get very busy setting up camp ?" as soon as the gates open and then all day

"Also any any other recommendations from experienced festival goers would be very useful" bring your own bog roll, and ear plugs for sleeping

Comment

So what’s happened to the GNG sponsor ?

Comment

more important than G&G, what happened to the 24 hour burger van?!

Comment

Originally posted by mallard View Post
                      The zero one shop not being there will make no difference to me personally, they will be bringing consumables and a repair shop which are the most important. Like the man said there will be other retailers there selling rifs and other gear so I don't see the problem. I've always thought that shifting all the stock into the marquee was a mammoth undertaking, I certainly wouldn't want to do it just for a 3 day event. "a shitty way to treat the community"? someone's being a little over dramatic
                      Have you actually been to the NAE before ? The other retailers will have a couple of standard run of the mill guns and that’s it , the Zero one shop was for a lot of attendees the ONLY chance they have to see the inventory of an actual shop and not just a web site . Plus if you went in there just before they shut up shop on Sunday you’d see the shop looked like a horde of Vikings had been through it , theres fuck all left on the shelves near all stock had been sold ! And seeing as there’s no drop in price from the web shop to the on site shop then they most certainly make there money out of it !
                      Would you be happy going to a BMW event and there’s no cars there ? And the reason given is “sorry it’s a bit much for the guys putting the site up to fetch the cars as well !” ? I certainly wouldn’t .
                      As of now there’s 2470 players booked so that’s ruffly £235,000 in bookings and that’s NOT including the substantial amount the vendors will have spent for a pitch , so even with the massive overheads setting up and running the even I’m sure they can employ some more people to do it ! So no I wouldn’t say it’s being ‘overly dramatic’ to say it’s a shit way to treat the Airsoft community .

Comment

Originally posted by druid799 View Post

Have you actually been to the NAE before ? The other retailers will have a couple of standard run of the mill guns and that’s it , the Zero one shop was for a lot of attendees the ONLY chance they have to see the inventory of an actual shop and not just a web site . Plus if you went in there just before they shut up shop on Sunday you’d see the shop looked like a horde of Vikings had been through it , theres fuck all left on the shelves near all stock had been sold ! And seeing as there’s no drop in price from the web shop to the on site shop then they most certainly make there money out of it !
                        Would you be happy going to a BMW event and there’s no cars there ? And the reason given is “sorry it’s a bit much for the guys putting the site up to fetch the cars as well !” ? I certainly wouldn’t .
                        As of now there’s 2470 players booked so that’s ruffly £235,000 in bookings and that’s NOT including the substantial amount the vendors will have spent for a pitch , so even with the massive overheads setting up and running the even I’m sure they can employ some more people to do it ! So no I wouldn’t say it’s being ‘overly dramatic’ to say it’s a shit way to treat the Airsoft community .
                        All you're doing here is saying some extremely basic "businesses can make money by selling their products" shite that Z1 have certainly taken into account.

I totally get that it's annoying the shop won't be there. But fuck me you're in for a shock if you didn't know that businesses will often make decisions with stuff like this in mind - Z1 know the exact financial worth of their shop, and in this instance, they chose not to set it up.

Comment

And obviously you’ve missed the concept of ‘spend money to make money’ and simple ‘look after your customer base ?’

Comment

Sorry but were you going to spend all your money in the shop on site?

If not, it’s really a moot point.

It’s perhaps a staffing shortage, a focus on something else during the event, could be as simple as seeing how it goes without a shop.

You’re coming on a bit strong about a tent full of toy guns in a field for 1 weekend of the year...

Comment

Well point was proved , very small numbers in the safe area compared to past events AND everyone I personally spoke too said they only went there for food as there wasn’t much point hanging around without the big shop seeing as the stalls there were pretty poor and there was F’’*all to buy .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rampage Have you ever stopped and thought about what your life revolves around? My life revolves around Airsoft Find out more about Rampage
                              Working...
                              X