HOW TO: Mod King Arms Mags for ARES G36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO: Mod King Arms Mags for ARES G36

Okay so you want some mags for your G36 but you don't know which will fit, so you search online and everyone is saying the same thing, you have to buy ARES mags.... not true!

King Arms mags are a tight fit (I like it tight, zero wobble) and do not feed when you first use them. The first shot will feed okay, but then nothing.

The reason for this is not immediately clear if you compare the KA Mag to the one you got with the G36. The mags are the same size is every way, except 1. The little notch that holds the BBs in the mag is different. On the ARES mag the notch is straight, at about a 45 degree angle. On the KA Mags thisnotch is curved.

SOLUTION:

Using a dremel tool (or a file) you need to get the notch to match that on the ARES mag. Simply remove the rounded edge off and then smooth the notch so it is one consistent gradient. Pushing down into the mag to load BBs by hand should be smooth and far easier than before doing this. The result, a perfectly feeding mid cap mag with no wobble, and you can pick up 5 for approx. £40!

This should be the same for other mags, and I intend to buy a few DBOYS Low Caps to test (I WANT THE FAKE BULLETS!).

Picture below showing the Original KA Mag on the Left, the Modified KA Mag in the Middle, and the ARES Mag on the Right.

Hope this helps.
    Chris
    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

About the Author

Collapse

crasstoe Chris, 23, White, Male, 5'7 Find out more about crasstoe
Working...
X