KC-02 by KJ works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC-02 by KJ works

Ahhhh the KC-02 the pinnacle of awesomeness by far one of my favourite weapons just due to the ridiculous magazine and bastardisation of several guns to create one that operates surprisingly well, is incredibly ergonomic and is the most fun I have ever had with any airsoft gun ever.

Background:
    Theres not much to say here this is just a ruger .22 remake a good introduction to small calibre weapons due to its light recoil and high accuracy in the real steel world, the one I am reviewing in particular is the version 1 by KJW not the version two with the fancy flip up sights and straight magazines screw you and your flip ups!!

Externals:

Christ I nearly wet myself when I got my hands on this thing, you know when you pick up a mid range M4 and you get that barrel wobble after a few games well there is none of that here at all thanks to the nylon fibre reinforced reciever that is basically the entire lower portion of the gun. Anyway lets start from the front of the weapon and work back because that seems somewhat logical.
    The barrel is made from a metal not sure what type but it is very strong, strong enough to break cyma metal guns with in fact if it ever came down to it, the barrel also unscrews to show a 14mm anticlockwise thread that is made of the same metal so will not break on you anytime soon you can attach anything to this apart from horses, they dont have threads.
    Moving on you have the rail system on here, a top rail that runs the length of the gun in case you wanted to attach a REAAAAAAAALLY long scope or just a ton of carry handles I dont know I literally only use half of the rail with my scope so it seems a bit excessive but thats what it is! It also has three other rails in the 3,6 an 9 o clock positions on the weapon which I think are generally pointless on a DMR style weapon but for those who feel the need to attach everything to there gun including horses be my guest I am sure you can on this thing, the bottom rail is useful for attaching grips, lasers and bipods however which is always useful Please bear in mind however the rails are made out of a very high strength plastic/nylon fibre thing and I am sure that someone somewhere will come up with the clever idea of attaching several M203s to this and having it rip them clean off due to them not being able to handle to weight! however they are very high strength and they can handle a lot of stress so you need not worry about them breaking.
    The top receiver is yet again made out of this metal that is like made of Arnies rippling abs out of the terminator its really goddamn indestructable, the bolt assembly in this particular weapon is fairly straight forward too, if you have operated any M14 AEGs it works on a scaled down principle it is not the most intimidating bolt KACHAK in the world of airsoft but it actually serves a purpose being a gas blowback.
    The lower receiver is made of nylon fibre as mentioned before and is very durable and thick this thing could take a hammer to it and not even dent slightly not that I am going to do that but it is strong.
    The pistol grip is of the M4 variety however you can only use the Gas pistol grips as they are slightly narrower then the regular ones please be aware of this.
    The Stock and stock tube are again standard M4 componenets and you can replace the stock with other M4 stocks, however you will need an adaptor of sorts to attach ets say an ICS folding M4 stock or a madbull socom stock apart from that it is pretty compatable.
    There are also sling mounts that will not break regardless of what you do to them.

Internals:
    Being a gas weapon there is not much to do with internals, plus I am not really confident enough to take something like this apart right down to the trigger mechanism, especially after taing apart a Co2 M9 and turning it fully auto by accident, although it is pretty freaking awesome. The components inside this are very strong I dont see them breaking anytime soon, the only parts I would possibly change are the hop rubber which is specific to the KC-02 I really doubt absolutely any other hop rubber will fit you could try the VSR types however I doubt they will simply fit it due to the way the hop chamber is moulded so you will lose compression, I would also look at the inner barrel, its like having a pistol barrel in a Barrett its really dumb, however it doesnt seem to affect performance as I have found it accurate to 60 meters and hitting ranges of about 70-80 meters, these results can easily be better however and I plan on getting a tightbore barrel, probably not anything longer then it currently is as that will serve only to increase fps but tighter groupings would be excellent

Overall:
    As this is a gas weapon there will be inconsistencies in the FPS more so than AEGs, however the cooldown rate on this particular gun is so low is practically doesnt exist you really do get a practical, efficient and useable gbbr for airsoft, I went recently to the Ground Zero weekender where this was primarily what I was using over the weekend and I didnt once have to worry about gas useage of the magazine it uses a very small amount of gas and produces excellent results with that gas this is a great 1st shot weapon, it is not practical for engagements where you have people on full auto who know exactly where you are but my god this is the most satisfying weapon for getting one shot kills also its semi automatic, has better range and accuracy then a standard AEGand lower range and accuracy then a Boltie but I cannot image by that far off. This weapon is very lightweight and incredibly robust making it perfect for recon use which is what I used it for most of the weekend as it can lay down accurate 1 shots off and be lightweight enough to run around with almost constantly like your in a benny hill sketch. Also as a final note you can get an entire magazine off with this thing even when shooting with barely a gap between each shot. The magazines also fit perfectly into 40mm pouches so stock up on some of those!! A gas blow back rifle for £220 brand new, I would say this is totally worth the purchase espeicially with its incredible efficient gas system its likely to be a great performer in the GBBR category.

Problems
    This weapon really could do with most range and a little more accuracy I suppose but thats a given really with it being stock, plus upgrade parts are hard to come by in britain so you are best importing from china or america. Apart from these factors there really isnt all that wrong with this.

Usefulness
    I would honestly say this weapons usability is high, this is due to its immidiate response on the trigger it being a GBB means the shot is slightly faster then an AEG, its perfect for shooting through thck bushes also as I put 8 rounds into one person through thick bushes (I put two rounds into him and saw him shake his hand as if something had hit him but carried on as he was, so just unloaded another 6 rounds in to him) as I have mentioned before this is great for flanking as a recon role as well due to its high manuverability. Would I recommed this? yes I would but it would be important that people know the ins and outs of this before even contemplating buying this.

Ratings
    Range 4/5 (5/5 is a sniper, 1/5 is a springer pistol)
    Accuracy 4/5 (5/5 is a sniper, 1/5 is a springer pistol)
    Rate of Fire 2/5 (5/5 is a suppression based weapon 1/5 is a sniper)
    Mobility 4/5
    CQB usage 4/5
    Woodland usage 4/5
    Upgradability (external and internal) 3/5 (Externally this is an M4 based platform with its overuse of RIS internally being a GBB not a huge amount can be done)

I hope this has been helpful if you have any questions feel free to ask

Re: KC-02 by KJ works

Shouldn't thank you really: Your review is going to make more people want one and people who have them less likely to sell!

Comment

Had one of these for a little over a year now and spent about £400 on it since buying it new and its not perfect.
      The hop dial is a bit hit or miss on this rifle as well. On many including mine, the hop arm is not actually long enough to make contact with the hop rubber even when fully on so I had to modify this just to get a hop up! This was a right P.I.T.A and I would suggest checking this out staright away after purchase and send it back if its not right!

Also the FPS fluctuation is pretty wild, a little worse than your review lets on. Using my Chrono I get variations of up to 50fps and its not just cool down that casues the problem. By fitting a ported piston head you can lower the varience between FPS but this still makes it very hard to dial in a hop setting that will be consistant. The only good thing is as the Hop dial is on top pf the upper RIS rail you can pretty much change it whilst aiming/shootins, by doing this you can make it a little more stable.

At AEG ranges this is a very stable gun and will hit bang on target most of the time, though you have to keep hidden as like above, you are not going to win any fire fights with this. At mid to sniper ranges you may be pleasently surprised as I have been landing 250ft hits with one shot, however you will be cursing this rifle other times when you have fired a full mag and still not hit a target you could of got with your back up pistol!

Comment

Lol yeah suppose so I do rate it! sorry bout that :P

Comment

I have heard people state the hop is not too good, I havnt seen it myself the hop arm in mine is plenty long enough and produces great results, One thing I have noticed with KJW products there guns are VERY BB specific e.g. The M700 loves Madbull precision rounds but will not in any case accept other types e.g. Blaster BBs which will not feed at all the loading nozzle will liekly break the BB, think it maybe the same deal with this, tried king arms 0.28 produced great results then tried blaster 0.3 and ended up with less consistency so this really is BB specific.

I have not had bad fluctuation myself I test it based on how consistently it can hit a person at varying ranges, and out of all the various GBB pistols I have owned this is the most consistent shot for shot, I have only used a WE m16 GBBR too and was not impressed with the accuracy was impressed with the recoil though :P.

Quick query for you what upgrades have you been getting for it, RA Tech or Falcon saw you had put £400 odd into it was curious.

And yeah I did have one instance fired half a magazine at someone to watch them through the scope go left right left right left just to either side of the person, highly annoying!! But by far the most satisfying weapon to shoot people with I have owned.

Comment

Dont get me wong, you wrote a good review and I can tell by your write you obviously love the rifle (reminded me of when I first got mine ) but I just thought I would mention a few things to give a differnet perspective, ie. someone who is losing patience with such a great gun !

After buying the rifle i bought various types of gas and BB's in attempt to see what it worked with best, about about £30-40 quids worth but nothing seemed to give amazing results. Earlier on this year I bought the RA Tech sniper conversion kit and tactical mag realease and a RA Tech hop rubber (about £210 for that lot). Still not amazing but better.

Then got the Falcon rubber which was bloody crap but in changing that I noticed the RA Tech rubber was damaged so I ordered another one of those. More money spent on different BB's but I have now settled with Blaster 0.3's. I have recently fitted a TSC metal reinforced piston which I have ported, Its a bit better now but I need to remove the piston again and modify the o-ring as it struggles with anything less than Propane. I have also had one magzine out of 6 strip its thread, tried repairing it but its junk now

Ths is a great weapon and it turns so many heads with the Wooden Sniper kit on it which is always nice. Its been a labour of love so far and every now and again when I get a 200ft + hit dead on target it makes it worth it....sometimes I want to chuck it in the bin though! lol

Comment

Yeah I get that had a G and G m14 that killed itself after about a 6 months of use the gears stripped, the tappet plate broke, the piston destroyed itself and due to its nature of being a piss poor design to take down/put together I just really cannot be bothered with it as it needs new everything, I am sure people have had great results on the M14 and with G and G but after that I just cannot be bothered with them.

I do like those wood kits they do look lovely but are a bit pricey will look into them more and thanks for the advice on the hop rubber, RA tech it is!

1 thing, you put a metal piston into it would that not be more affected by cooldown? plus with that added weight you may have to move it up to Co2 that might do the trick perhaps :P

I will start looking into tightbores and the RA tech hop rubbers now! cheers!

Comment

Hi all, apologies for the thread revival.

Just started a KC-02 owners group on facebook. All owners welcome, thanks see you there!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/594291890586119/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cheesenibbler Started airsofting properly about 4 years ago been doing it ever since joined an airsoft society at Nottingham Trent University was a member and became secretary and again I have a great time just enjoying myself on the field. I am now the airsoft tech guy for Southdown airsoft! Find out more about cheesenibbler
                Working...
                X