Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G36 feeding issues

Hi guys,

I have been having feeding problems with my star g36 gearbox and I have worked out that's its the tappet plate. When I fire the gun having reassembled it it fires then the air nozzle is held back further than it should do. The sector gear is rotating more than 360 degrees so it finishes its cycle and then starts another one by one click on the anti reversal latch on the bevel gear so pulling back the piston and the tappet plate a little bit each time I fire after reassembly. Any ideas as to the problem here guys?

Thanks
    Last edited by sj_asc; 21 March, 2013, 23:17. Reason: Title Change
    For sale:

-Splitting M4
    -MP5 Parts
    -MP7a1
    -M9 Magazine

Re: G36 feeding issues

anyone got any ideas; i thought this was a fairly common occurence?
    For sale:

-Splitting M4
    -MP5 Parts
    -MP7a1
    -M9 Magazine

Comment

Don't know if this helps at all, I have had issues with a G36 before and it took me ages and ages to find out what had happened.

The hop unit is held into place with plastic lugs which is part of the front assembly, you push the hop unit in and twist, it is under the spring tension.

Sometimes this can snap the plastic that the hop unit goes into and therefore the whole lot is seated further back then it should be.

I ended up having to buy a whole front end from France and this obviously fixed the problem. It is a serious design flaw really.

I really hope this makes sense it's so hard to explain! Just think you should have a little check of that, if you need pics I'll see what I can do.
      How to deal with cheats.......

Originally posted by cactus
      Put them in an empty room, chuck a few dynatecs in there with them.
      And then just spray them with a vulcan, that'll teach them how to behave..

Comment

Thanks mate but i have already checked the hop up and its all good although i am unable to get the barrel out. I can tell that the gearbox is over rotating and pulling the tappet plate around by more than 360 degrees each time so i know that its within the gearbox. Thanks though
        For sale:

-Splitting M4
        -MP5 Parts
        -MP7a1
        -M9 Magazine

Comment

What do you mean overrotating?

Do you mean the gearbox is completeing more than one cycle every time?

If so a MOSFET unit may fix that, alternatively have you tried a sector gear delay, always worth a try with feeding issues.
          How to deal with cheats.......

Originally posted by cactus
          Put them in an empty room, chuck a few dynatecs in there with them.
          And then just spray them with a vulcan, that'll teach them how to behave..

Comment

yes i mean the gearbox is doing more than one cycle its doing like 1 and a tiny bit. I was thinking about a delayer chip but then i thought it would not help because although the tappet plate would be pulled back for longer it would still get pulled back too much later (if that makes sense)
            For sale:

-Splitting M4
            -MP5 Parts
            -MP7a1
            -M9 Magazine

Comment

any ideas anyone?
              For sale:

-Splitting M4
              -MP5 Parts
              -MP7a1
              -M9 Magazine

Comment

What battery /motor are you using? a standard gearbox should be fine - has it been pissed around with at all?

Comment

i use a 9.6v with deans and eg1000 and it has had work done by a tech but it worked for ages since they were done
                  For sale:

-Splitting M4
                  -MP5 Parts
                  -MP7a1
                  -M9 Magazine

Comment

The tappet plate can't be pulled too far back unless you've assembled it wrong.

Is the nozzle definitely not damaged, and sat in the groove in the tappet, not behind it? Not seating the nozzle properly would cause it to be too far back.
                    Buy my stuff!

Comment

^^^ This happened the first time I did a gb

Comment

the whole gearbox is over rotaing so the tappet plate is being pulled back as it should do then stopping as it should do, then being picked up and pulled back for a second time on one cycle. However it only completes about 1 sixth of the rotation
                        For sale:

-Splitting M4
                        -MP5 Parts
                        -MP7a1
                        -M9 Magazine

Comment

I don't understand what the issue is? Is it feeding alright? The nozzle should stop in a mostly rearward position!
                          Buy my stuff!

Comment

imagine your gearbox completes its rotation as it should (everything is in the correct stopping place at this point), then it continues to turn another 30 degrees (or so) and stops. As you can envision the sector gear has pulled back the piston a little bit and obviously it has started to pull back the tappet plate as well. It stays in this position until fired again pushing the spring back and stretching out the tappet plate spring. I cant really explain it any better than that apart from saying that its a bit like when you shoot it on automatic on a slow ROF rifle and you stop halfway through a cycle and the gearbox remains commpressed so you should always finish with a shot or two on semi. Yes the problem is that it wont feed.
                            For sale:

-Splitting M4
                            -MP5 Parts
                            -MP7a1
                            -M9 Magazine

Comment

Over rotation won't cause feeding issues like you've described, it may sound dodgy, but it won't stop the rifle feeding. Doesn't matter where in the cycle it stops. That's what I'm trying to tell you.

The issue is elsewhere. Have you double checked everything is back together as it should be?
                              Buy my stuff!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wilko129 Find out more about wilko129
                              Working...
                              X