how to protect teeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how to protect teeth

just out of interest and as a member of the dental profession (a hygienist) i though i'd add the cost of having your teeth repaired. The private charges are based on an good practice in a nice area and using good materials.

NHS

£48 for a simple repair or root canal. £214 for a crown, bridge or a denture

private

£125 simple repair on one tooth, £417 for root canal (if the nerve dies), £588 if the the damage is severe and needs a crown. if you loose the tooth then a denture to replace it will be £595, a bridge £655 and if you feel flush £2500 for an implant!! it can get very expensive, very quickly as often a root canal will need a crown and these prices are for ONE tooth.

Anyone thinking the the cheap £10 lower face mask might be worth it now? gumshields are great but as stated dont offer protection to the lowers and teeth can still be damaged through the lip if the shot is close/powerfull enough.

Play safe one and all

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jelliffe99 View Post
    Here you go.

that looks the absolute dogs danglers!! perfect for sniping i would imagine. what did it set you back if you dont mind me asking?
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
      how did you stick it in there?? I may have to invest!! whats it like when its hot?
      I stitched it on along the top of the mesh, using the holes of the mesh.
      sigpic

Comment

Heroshark masks cost about 40 iirc
        Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

Set me back £30 mate. Great deal and the quality of work is outstanding. It is custom cut for the length of your nose to chin so it doesn't hinder any head movement
          sigpic

Comment

thats a very good deal, did you get the goggles too or just run with more conventional types.
            There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

You can ask him to make them to fit certain eyewear. I run ess ice 2.4's with them.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by emergencychimp View Post
                Some pics as requested, please excuse the weird psychotic looking stare, its been a long day at the office.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91555[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91556[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91557[/ATTACH]

I trimmed the mesh down with wire clippers, glued the fabric edging back to it. Then I cut a small strip from some padding from a spare ubacs pad to form a seal so breath wouldn't go into my glasses. I used the elastic from the mesh mask stitched to the buff so it can be tightened to make more comfortable and secure.
                I am going to attempt this soon (waiting for a mesh mask to turn up).

I think im going to have it not as wide, so I can get a good cheek hold, but keep it covering my nose....

how and why did you keep the elastic strap on this.. is it still attached to the mask itself??
                FOR SALE
                7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
                  I am going to attempt this soon (waiting for a mesh mask to turn up).

I think im going to have it not as wide, so I can get a good cheek hold, but keep it covering my nose....

how and why did you keep the elastic strap on this.. is it still attached to the mask itself??
                  I added the elastic strap from the mask as the Buff I have isn't very tight around the face and meant the mesh could move.
                  sigpic

Comment

sewn onto the snood or onto the mesh?
                    FOR SALE
                    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

I stitched it onto the snood so the profile of it and the mesh was as low as I could get it.
                      sigpic

Comment

there are plenty ways to lose teeth. i box, my bothers play rugby, i used to play hockey and skate board, i knocked out both my front teeth in uni coz a mate jumped on my back when i/we was drunk and i fell on my face. there is a inherent danger to everything in life, if you want to wear a mask do if you dont then dont and take the chance
                        Head shot aka open minded

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lee11197 Find out more about lee11197
                        Working...
                        X