Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS M4 Upgradeing

Hiya all , Im looking at doing some upgrading on my: ICS M4

And I was wondering if you could suggest any upgrades that would up the performance and accuracy.

* Tightbore

* Pistons

* Springs

* Cylinder Head

* Spring guides

Pretty much ANYTHING that will make this a better all round gun. Im looking for about 360 - 380 fps

Websites and part names are greatly appreciated , also check out my Glock 23f thread to help me on upgrading that as well.

Glock 23f Thread: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...408#post937408

Cheers
    Kieron

It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
    Plato
    ( Anyone with a chrome TM Desert Eagle PM me now !)

Re: ICS M4 Upgradeing

Change piston go with a shs metal teeth , cylinder head again shs is good air seal
    Shs nozzle but you may need to file it down alittle (be careful) make sure you
    Get it exact size as standard one , up the spring to a 110 go with a Prometheus
    And a promo or systema tight bore barrel, metal spring guide with bearings I think ics is
    Plastic ??
    Correct aoe and shim well.
    I've always changed the wiring on my guns to silver core
    Expensive but notable rof difference.
    And if you want to go the full hog a higher tourke motor agin
    Shs are class.
    That will keep you busy for a bit.
    Oh lipo

Comment

Speak to Midas he's alway on here

Comment

First thing to do is to ensure you've got a good air seal.Thankfully the ICS is stupid-easy to take apart. Pull the hop unit apart and put a wrap of PTFE tape around the end of the hop rubber to seal it against the barrel. Then you need to ensure there's no leak at the cylinder head, piston or nozzle. Get them running well - a steel spring guide with bearings on it is always a good shout too. Having played around with different internals on my old ICS I'd try to stick with the stock piston for as long as possible as mine just chewed up aftermarket pistons (unless you're willing to get stuck in with getting the piston-head spacing absolutely correct).

For a bit more FPS you can stick in a tightbore barrel but anything smaller than 6.04 will actually end up making it less accurate. Best bet is to get a good quality 6.04/03 barrel and find your FPS through a good air seal and a higher-power spring. Get the air seal sorted first (this is something you can easily do yourself) so that the FPS is consistent (no more than +/-10FPS between shots!) and then think about getting the power to where you want it.

After that, a high-torque motor is a good bet, as is a MOSFET and better batteries (LiPo all the way - you can get cheap, good quality ones from an online ********* ****). I had good success with a deepfire brass nozzle... just very well made really!

Main thing is air seal. Get that right and the rest can follow.

Comment

Ok well, they are pretty good guns stock but what i would say,
          -Bearing spring guide
          -SHS air nozzle
          -m110 spring
          -and a tightbore, deepfire are good

Comment

Another thing to think about mate is putting your fps so high if you play at other sites you may not be able to use it unless you have it locked to semi as most sites have a 350 fps limit. I found this when i went to a site lucky for me I had an ics to and being easy to work on one of the guys in the with the knowledge there cut abit off my spring dropping it down to 340 fps from the 360-375 fps its was shooting at just something worth bearing in mind.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys , its just im not really a noob to airsoft , but I know very little about the internals. I know pretty much what they are and how they work but how do I ensure a perfect airseal ? And how do I shim my gearbox correctly ? And as for fps , 370 - 380 should be ok as I will use .25 on my local site. To begin with , could I just stick a new spring and barrel in for the time being ?

It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
              Plato
              ( Anyone with a chrome TM Desert Eagle PM me now !)

Comment

You coould, but all site FPS limits are for a 0.2gram bb
                so your just risking (dependant on the site,) a ban for trying to cheat their system

Comment

No a perfect Air seal will Drop your fps. well it depends on how tight the piston head is.

on my sniper i made 100% air seal and it dropped my fps by around 100 fps.

as long as the piston springs back a bit (put your finger on the nozzle) then its fine

Comment

Originally posted by Gavin View Post
                    Change piston go with a shs metal teeth , cylinder head again shs is good air seal
                    Shs nozzle but you may need to file it down alittle (be careful) make sure you
                    Get it exact size as standard one , up the spring to a 110 go with a Prometheus
                    And a promo or systema tight bore barrel, metal spring guide with bearings I think ics is
                    Plastic ??
                    Correct aoe and shim well.
                    I've always changed the wiring on my guns to silver core
                    Expensive but notable rof difference.
                    And if you want to go the full hog a higher tourke motor agin
                    Shs are class.
                    That will keep you busy for a bit.
                    Oh lipo
                    i've always done as quoted above and found the ics gun when upgraded really good and high performing
                    Signature Removed: Please read the forum rules

Comment

Originally posted by billy breach View Post
                      i've always done as quoted above and found the ics gun when upgraded really good and high performing
                      I'd be a bit upset if I upgraded a gun and its performance didn't increase!
                      Buy my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by 181jenkins View Post
                        No a perfect Air seal will Drop your fps
                        Just wrong.

Explain the mechanics of that to me. Think hard before replying.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kieron Find out more about Kieron
                        Working...
                        X