Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P midcap feeding mod

Just though people might appreciate sharing the knowledge

I bought a stack of the G&P 130rnd midcaps, look great, feel nice and solid, perfect fit for the gun. Feed like utter crap. Constantly jamming and misfeeding.

So I phoned Z1 to complain, aparantly its a common problem with the new G&P magazines, theyve put a new type of feeding nub for the mags and for whatever reason the bb's dont stack properly. The chap on the phone told me me of a quick and simple mod that fixes it, so heres a nice MSPaint diagram!

1. Undo the allen bolt at the bottom of the mag

2. slide the inner mag out

3. undo the small screw underneath the feeding tube which allows it to hinge upwards, careful here, if you dont keep a good grip on the hinge the spring will fly accross the room and never be found again.

4. Remove the spring and feeding nub.

5. I used a dremel for this next step, but a small hacksaw or sharp scalpel/craft knife could do. From the centre of the nub, cut down at a 45 degre angle on one side.

6. Take a very small amount of the top, maybe 1mm or so just enough to flatten the top off.

7. lightly spray some silicon lube on the spring

8. Reassemble the mag

9. Enjoy a perfect feeding, sexy looking G&P midcap!

Re: G&P midcap feeding mod

you are a god

i will try this asap

Comment

wish i'd known this before selling 10 brand new g&p midcaps because they wouldn't feed in my aeg

Oh well...
      Originally posted by Hawk
      The P word again! You should say your love for airsoft 3 times and a holy Tokio Marui

Comment

Its sad that they still sell the things even when they dont work !
        sigpic

Comment

This isn't limited to just G&P mags, most non feeding mags suffer from this issue. My thread relating to King Arms G36 mags shows this same solution!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...s-for-ARES-G36
          King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
          https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

just done it to 1 of mine it now works everytime (just got to do the rest now)

Comment

what a p*ss take. you phoned them regarding dodgy items and there advice is to hack it until it works voiding whatever warranty you had with them.

Airsoft huh? :P

Comment

Yeah, I wasnt too happy when their advice was "oh well, you can either send them back to us and we'll mod them or you can do it yourself". But hey, it works now, so alls well.

Im not sure if this works on EVERY midcap, looking at it from a technical point of view it only works on midcaps that double stack the rounds, such as the 130-150 round G&P variety, the smaller ones such as MAG or Ares 75/90 rounders I believe are single stack and this mod wont work on them.

I think the mags could do with a stronger spring too, any idea if you can buy replacement or aftermarket springs for magazines?

Comment

Yes you can buy them, do ZeroOne sell them, No. I'm not in the mood for ANOTHER infraction point from this thread so I'm afraid I can't point you in the right direction of something Z1 doesnt sell.

Z1 do sell ICS Mag springs for the MP5 and M4... not sure if they are any good to you...
                  King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                  www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

the ics are hi-cap springs tbh i don't think ics make mids at all

my G&P mids the follower is allways a bit short it leaves 1bb in the mag i asked a guy who knows everthing G&P he said they a made that way coz on other mags the follower can snap the catch that hold the bbs down

Comment

Yes! I can confirm this works and Tiercel is an absolute f***ing LEGEND! Have done it to five mags that now work flawlessly. I used a hacksaw and even timed myself from opening, modding and closing back up again. Best time was 6 minutes 22 seconds

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                      Working...
                      X