Anyone Good At Rubber Moulding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Good At Rubber Moulding?

I have a Black Mesa outfit going on, and really want to get a rubber crowbar going.

I know i can get prop ones, but im guessing they will still be too stiff for most Airsoft uses. So i want to make one myself.

Does anyone have any experience doing this stuff, or can direct me to some suitable DIY info.
    I understand i will need to make a mould of sorts, and then insert some kind of rubber, but i have no idea what materials i would use.
    What is the best rubber compound to use with site friendly Airsoft weapons? I want something that can hold its own weight and not flop around, but for safety reasons flex so you can't actually bludgeon someone. Can use wire to stiffen inside but still need a base compound.

I am aware some site still might have a problem with it, as its pretty long etc, but it will also be used for casual cosplay stuff, and would make a nice wall decoration :P
    Cheers
    Last edited by Tariq182; 28 February, 2012, 17:37.
    Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Re: Anyone Good At Rubber Moulding?

Cant see it being that hard, get a crowbar take a casting of it. Would of thought clay of something like that should be up to the job then choose your rubber and poor it in.
    There's tonnes of how to's on google and loads of modelling shops online that sell liquid molding latex/rubber. They would be the best people to speak to regarding what type would suitable. Of course the god of this sort of thing is Heroshark if he's about...............?
    "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
    Life in the fast lane........
    sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tariq182 Your local Gamer, Airsofter, Biker and Bassist! Engineer. Find out more about Tariq182
    Working...
    X