Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

G&G Gr16 light carbine misfeeding, on midcaps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G Gr16 light carbine misfeeding, on midcaps!

ok so i know its not the mags that are not faulty although it could be the magwell as there rattle, lots of it. If I push the mag towards the front end of the gun then this fault is gone. This is fustrating as i tend to forget from time to time and i hear that horrid blind-firing sound. My local techie at elitebattlezone said that the hop up needs to changed. whats your advise?

cheers
    CURRENTLY SELLING ALL AIRSOFT GEAR IN THE NEXT MONTH

Re: G&G Gr16 light carbine misfeeding, on midcaps!

He's talking bullpoop, its a common thing for G&G M4 magwells to be abit large.

Some tape or Velcro on the inside of the magwell should do the trick, makes a wedge between the two surface.

Just make sure its equal on all sides though.
    WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

i was thinking the same.
      you can just tape round the top of the mag so it stops wobbling.
      the reason why it feeds when you push your mag forwards is because the bit whre the mag feeds is then in contact with the magwell.

Turkey

Comment

Mate of mine put some of the self adhesive velcro inside the magwell to make the fit tighter. Fixed the issue but gave a little give for different mags.

I normally just put a little black gorilla tape around the mags to give a tighter fit depending on the gun. My CA SCAR H had this exact issue and tape sorted it right out. That's fine when it's one gun and a mag type that is only used in a single gun. If you have several guns using the same mags, probably best to mod the magwell as suggested.

Comment

ok so i put about 2 layers round each mag of electrical tape and found that it works better but it still works alot more when the mag is pushed forward. even the G&G mag that comes with the gun isnt a perfect fit?

Comment

i had a similar problem with my tm aug no matter what you try u will never get the mid caps to work my mags had to be pushed in, my advice is to try some clone mags as they are normally a bit bigger due to them not being of the highest quality than G&G G&P etc dont get me wrong thought they still feed well. i found JG high caps work awesome with my aug you might want to try beta project or King arms they work really well in my G&P m4 and feed flawless with only the slightest wobble.if you speak to your local shop nicely you could get them to let you try a few mags and find ones which work. you also mentioned the original mag not feeding, this was the same as my aug too. hope this helps :D

Comment

i had a similar problem with my tm aug no matter what you try you will never get the mid caps to work my mags had to be pushed in, my advice is to try some clone mags as they are normally a bit bigger due to them not being of the highest quality than G&G G&P etc dont get me wrong though they still feed well. i found JG high caps work awesome with my aug you might want to try beta project or King arms they work really well in my G&P m4 and feed flawless with only the slightest wobble.if you speak to your local shop nicely you could get them to let you try a few mags and find ones which work. you also mentioned the original mag not feeding, this was the same as my aug too. hope this helps :D

Comment

its not just midcaps its in general, its just that midcaps are known to feed flawlessly. beta project are the midcaps I have, they are more wobbly than the hicaps

Comment

Are they the Beta Project - Pmags?

If yes, then they're thinner than the PTS ones.

If you're still having to push the mags forwards, put more tape onto either the back of the mag or rear side of the magwell.

Alternatively, if it's front wired, check where the battery wire is, it should be tucked nicely down the sideof the hop unit, but if you've had your body apart, it can get moved between the hop unit and magwell, which pushes your mags back out slightly.
                  WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

Check the hop units alignment mate, there will always be wobble, but it should feed fine. Have you checked if the feed nozzle is damaged?
                    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Nah this is has been a problem dismissed as it wasn't a biggie when I was an airsoft noobie - this was my first gun 2 yr old. Although might have a look inside when I get my tight bore, and still debating on the madbull 3in1 unit although don't want the led as I never play in dark, but want to be able to add it of I want to. Thanks for your help guys! Will thank you when I get on the computer.

Edit: somehow posted a pic of where I am at?

Comment

Try lubing the mags too.
                        Originally posted by Nun-Chuck
                        Any airsoft loadout that requires you to lubricate yourself before wearing it is frankly not worth the effort.

Comment

so I'm back on the problem and instead of trying to fix the mags was wondering whether there are any midcap mags that would fit in this magewell?

Comment

I've used MAG mid caps in my GR15 and my brothers GR16 Cqw, no problem. Maybe the hop needs a spacer in front it ?
                            Upcoming Games:
                            None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                            Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Originally posted by Mickydoos View Post
                              I've used MAG mid caps in my GR15 and my brothers GR16 Cqw, no problem. Maybe the hop needs a spacer in front it ?
                              Are both guns made by g&g? If so then I will be interested into buying these make of mags since I have had no luck with the tape.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sir killaIot Find out more about sir killaIot
                              Working...
                              X