First sniper rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First sniper rifle

i have been considering getting a sniper rifle and wonder what people thought would be a good choice?
    i've mainly been looking at L96's and SVD dragunov's but i don't really know what to look for. any advice?

Re: First sniper rifle

Have you been skirmishing long? I wouldn't recommend sniping for a beginner...

Comment

well it depends on which style you like, your budget e.t.c.

Comment

trust me l96 so fun i got one stock still getting kills teaches you to play different more tactical
        1 word of advice if your getting a sniper have the money to upgrade to get a secondary and a couple of mags the mistakes i made
        After cheap project guns and various bits of kit

Comment

yeah, i'm hoping to get an L96 and a GBB pistol, probably a Colt 1911

Comment

Honestly, try and borrow one of each if you can for a quick trial from people who own them. Be polite and ask them nicely to try them out on a range or during a game. You'll find yourself either enjoying it or hating it. Airsoft Sniping can be generally a lot slower then people originally think. Honestly, I think people who jump in the "Sniper" pool too soon should get an EBR and have it locked to semi and go from there.

I see waaaaaay too many people buying these Bolt Actions and just ditching them after one game. Just try before buy(if you can) is my advice!
            sigpic
            http://Teddypotts.DeviantART.com

Comment

i'm not after a fast paced playing style. i went paintballing about two years back and while my friends were rushing off to find someone to shoot, and instead getting hit themselves, i hid in the bushes and let them come to me. ended up with two game winning hits (out of 6 games) and only one out (after running out of ammo)

Comment

Ok, let's say you're SURE you want to learn to be an airsoft sniper.

You want an L96, eh?
                I'd recommend a UTG Mk.96. It's a Maruzen clone meaning there's tonnes of after-market upgrades. Stock, it's a great gun. Upgraded, it's an awesome gun. It's cheap too so if you decide sniping isn't for you you can sell it without your wallet taking much of a backfire. There's also loads of modifications you can do to it.

Hope I helped.
                Originally posted by psirus101
                I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

You did, i'm going to start looking out for Mk.96's now, thanks man

Comment

Have a look at the TM VSR 10's - They are a great unit out of the box and have SO many potential upgrades that can be applied to them, you literally cannot go wrong. They must be the most popular sniper on the skirmish field!

Comment

well i've been looking through the spring sniper rifles that are on the sale thread here, but most VSR 10's that are being sold have already been upgraded and are WAY out of my price range

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Weemanrd Find out more about Weemanrd
                      Working...
                      X