Which goggles do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which goggles do you prefer?

So after this weeks nightgame at the mall unfortunately the corner of my mesh goggles were shot from a few feet away and the bracket holding the strap on shattered and they are done for. However, even before the nights game i was considering getting a new pair of eye wear in anycase for the following reasons.
    1) My topgun shooting glasses constantly steam up however much I use preventative methods on them rendering them (and me) useless
    2) The mesh goggles mentioned above had holes that were ever so slightly too small and the lack of vision was quite irritating (even after getting used to wearing them)
    3) My rental style full face mask has decent mesh but awful field of vision and shocking for aiming down sights with

I think what I have decided is a "ski goggle" style clear lens set of goggles appears to be the business for me, however I'm interested to hear from you guys what you use for eye protection and what other products you have had experience with? Ideally I would like some glasses style eyewear but the fogging up was a constant problem for me (and not for a mate of mine who had identical glasses and the same anti fog sprays etc etc)
    Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Re: Which goggles do you prefer?

uvex make safety glasses in a variety of styles, colours etc. the anti-fog coatings they use are just excellent, and only start to fail for me in the hottest and most sweaty summer months and even then i have to be playing pretty hard to get them to fail.

i use a grey tinted model for use in the woods, only a slight tint though so i can still see, even on dark overcast winter days or as light levels are failing. if you are looking for some uvex glasses to use in a dark indoor site i'd suggest either clear or yellow lenses (just make sure they have the anti-fog coating)

this is what i currently use for woodland games, uvex 'pheos'

if you want something bigger and more substantial like ski type goggles try the bolle 800's. they have a open type design which allows a lot of air flow over the lenses to help prevent misting up

mesh goggles aren't an option for me mostly bc they cut out perhaps 30-40% of available light, yes they do work as eye protection and dont mist up but step into a darkened area or try to play in failing light and you cant see much at all..
    Last edited by hotelkilo; 9 March, 2012, 14:02.

Comment

I have tried all sorts, I am such a big sweaty beast that I steamed up my ESS turbo fans and even guarder shooting glasses steam up - I am that sweaty.

The best goggles/eyewear I have ever used are hero shark mesh goggles, the ones I got had quite wide mesh in comparison to my mates china special mesh goggles. It's the same mesh he put into my S10, I play at the mall a lot and I have no vision problems due to low light etc. My chums with the smaller mesh do have problems from time to time.

Comment

any mesh goggle is sacrificing light for safety. the way they work will always prevent some light from entering.

its good that your mesh goggles allow more light through than other mesh goggles but no mesh can let through as much light as safety glasses.

mesh goggles can also be rendered useless by the copious amounts of moisture coming off a sweaty airsofter, moisture is obviously condensing on the mesh and eventually starts to fill the little holes in the mesh and you're suddenly as blind as everyone else

glasses steaming up is just as much about airflow around your head and not just inside your goggles, if im lying down my goggles are much more likely to steam up as there is a lot less airflow around my noggin.

Comment

Heroshark uses slightly bigger mesh than standard goggles have. They let in more light, but are too small for BBs to get through.
          Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Bolle X1000 dual lens goggles. They are expensive, but you can't put a price on your eyesight.
            sigpic

Comment

thanks for all the advice lads, those uvex glasses look the business if i can get a clear set with anti-fog!
              Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Some suffer fogging more than others . A bit of anti fog helps ,I've always used dried fairy liquid . Best goggles for not fogging are the full seal thermal lens ones . Ess ,revision, bolle among others do some fairly low profile ones . Some even take prescription inserts . Can even get a spare mesh lens if there still fogging.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

balaclava ben Lean, mean shooting machine Find out more about balaclava ben
                Working...
                X