Looking to start playing airsoft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking to start playing airsoft.

which sites are they in somerset that are your local ones?

As said, have a play with a bunch of guns to see what you like - sniping for example sounds glamourous but more often than not involves sitting in a wet hedge waiting for someone to turn up :P
    Untill you really play around you don't get a feeling for what you like - I have a personal preference for metal guns (I like the weight), wheras my housemate likes all his weapons as light and as small as possible.

Most people will let you have a play, infact most will offer - one guy had an actual queue to try his GBB M4 (and yes I was first in the queue :D)
    sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Xevious;221490]which sites are they in somerset that are your local ones?

QUOTE]

We've scoped out 'Spec ops' Portland and Bloxworth sites, and Ground zero urban in dorset. As our closest possible sites. Anyone played at these befoe? They look pretty cool from the pictures on the sites.

Comment

yep, Ukara is an inconveniance at best!

I've been playing for 13 years now, a year and a half ago I got back into softing, after a long break and 8 years in the Army. Not a registered member of any scheme, I play at Sabreforce, a site that wouldnt have existed if I hadnt suggested it to my bosses, I wanted it to be run at my site, truth be told, but they chose one of my bigger sister sites! Not Ukara, but i'm a re-enactor... of sorts, and also my regular site, Hilton Park, will also vouch for me as I am a member of the site and play when I can, which is all you need.

The only thing that UKARA can do for me, is aid any purchaces made oversea's, as customs require proof, can't be bothered with the hassles of "ask so and so" and so on, personally I prefer to support my local shops, even if I pay more in the long run, as they look after me too.

Comment

the bristol courthouse is officially the first member of the AOBA :D

Comment

NBC suits are charcol lined - you'll sweat like crazy and end up as black as a coalminer by the end of the day. Get yourself to a army surplus store for some old cheap combats.

Safety Specs are as cheap as chips. A local engineering supplier / hardware store will have proper BS rated eye protection available.

There is also Conflict Zone in Dorset.
            JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Originally posted by N_Scooby View Post
              NBC suits are charcol lined - you'll sweat like crazy and end up as black as a coalminer by the end of the day. Get yourself to a army surplus store for some old cheap combats.

Safety Specs are as cheap as chips. A local engineering supplier / hardware store will have proper BS rated eye protection available.

There is also Conflict Zone in Dorset.
              haha yeah i know, the charcoal lining is a pain. I had to wear it to take pictures once and I was only wearing it about 15 mins and my skin was already starting to go black and it was pretty hot.

Comment

Watch the Noddy suits you'll sweat buckets in them

Comment

i've played spec ops portland and blox quite a few times. they're both a lot of fun and you won't be disappointed. smaller numbers than ground zero but i think it's at least as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesofter View Post
                    the bristol courthouse is officially the first member of the AOBA :D
                    Actually Combat Zone Scotland was, then All the First and Only Sites. Then Bristol Airsoft.

Comment

wellcome to i would probably say the best thing out their.AIRSOFT.
                      you wil get a lot of advice.some worth keeping and some not,[as anything].

i would suggest as i think someone else has.hire for the first few times.get your UKARA
                      then the options are endless.
                      new./. second-hand.=[to which their are a lot of great deals out their].

think about the roles you wish to play.watch others,ask questions about their guns.
                      look in to it and make the right choice as swopping and changeing the load-outs./.guns
                      gets very expensive.

the airsoft community is quite awesome as most are helpful / and don,t mind talking
                      about their gear.to be honest it probably would be hard to shut some of them up.lol.

also , get the right eye protection.dont scrimp on them as it is your eye sight you may loose.or worse.

anyway ,welcome again and remember enjoy the game.relive the moment on utube,lol.

Comment

Welcome to the world of airsoft and Zero In, and as jagilham says, wave bye bye to your spare cash!

There's some good advice in the above posts, well worth paying attention to. Realistically airsoft can cost you as little or as much as you want it to, I've seen a first time player with rental gun bang kill two of the most experienced players we have a GZ Woodland - made me laugh! But I guess rule number one, whatever loadout, weapon, or role you choose, have fun.

If you decide to come and play at GZ Woodland, give me a shout. I'd be happy to show you around and introduce you to some of the guys, they're a friendly bunch.

Good luck and happy hunting,

GadgetMaster

Comment

[QUOTE=Xevious;221490]which sites are they in somerset that are your local ones?QUOTE]We've scoped out 'Spec ops' Portland and Bloxworth sites, and Ground zero urban in dorset. As our closest possible sites. Anyone played at these befoe? They look pretty cool from the pictures on the sites. if your in somerset go to ultimate airsoft in thornbury bristol, watch "ultimate airsoft movie" on youtube, its an epic video

Comment

In regards to the NBC suit, you could wear it, but they are hot as hell and if there is any charcoal left in the fabric, as soon as you sweat you will turn black and look like a pit worker, the guilie suit is good, but you need a base layer, if you want DPM then pick up some used C95s from a surplus store, they are dirt cheap. If you arent fussy then rock up in cargo pants and a jumper. As to goggles, some wear the mesh type goggles, others wear the mesh goggles with face mask, I personally hate them, they are to hot and restricting and make my eyes feel wierd, I have a set of bolle X800 goggles for ******* look but normally wear Bolle Viper safety glasses, which are really good and cost about 8 quid.
                            section 24 of the 1968 Act
                            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I don't recommend using an NBC suit...

Sounds abit silly to me.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Captain Wales Find out more about Captain Wales
                              Working...
                              X