Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suitable "back up"

Hello all,

i have just purchased a upgraded m4/sr25. so im now looking for a suitable sidearm / back up gun.
    i do favour gas so i was thinking along the lines of 250 pound.

so either an mp7a1, upgraded 5.1 hi capa or something similar. I don't like MP9s. I would look at AEGs as back ups but i think im set on a gas back up.

so any ideas? As always please support your opinion / choice with a few reasons.

I have owned a 5.1 hi capa - i loved it but looking at all options.

Thanks

James
    sigpic

Re: Suitable "back up"

KSc glock 18c with 3 50rnd mags and a drop leg mp5 mag ouch, should come in at £250, and gives you a great 2ndary when sniping and a great primary when taking buildings!
    For Sale!
    TM M870 with a load of stuff
    A&K massada sniper spec
    Chronograph
    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

yes, i had looked at the 18c, however can you upgrade it ? i mean i got a 17 i think at one point thought it was indeed fantastic but not very.. meaty kick wise. aesthetially was ok .

i have once or twice however seen that if you have a full auto pistol , they do not like you using it in close quarter areas. much like some places ask you to have single shot on in close area ?
      sigpic

Comment

yeah, where i play its semi only indoors. my last game i ran with my KSC g18c and 6 standard mags, was one of the best game days i have had.

as far as upgrade go ive not looked into upgrading mine yet as i havnt found a need to. but as glocks can be race guns in the same way a hi capa or 1911 can im sure there is good upgrade potential for them. and you can always get c02 mags if your wanting more kick =P
        For Sale!
        A&K massada sniper spec
        Chronograph

Comment

Moscart Pistol?
          Made by S-Thunder

Sure it would be a one-shot last-resort backup unless you are good at reloading quick, but could be worth considering. Great for clearing buildings too.

Comment

Hmm glock is an idea, will need to look at upgrades as to be fair not seen many when browsing .

Moscart pistol would be a no,
            Great for room Clarence yes but one shot is all I would have.

Gbb smg / gbb pistol I think is where I am at.

Was thinking mp5k ( gas ) + m4 stock + red Dot sight + silencer.

I still think an upgraded hi capa could be best bet ?
            sigpic

Comment

Personally I wouldnt go anywhere near a KSC glock, if you like the Glock then get the Marui version. The TM is more expensive but plenty of upgrades to chose from and is a far better made pistol. My mate has the KSC G23 and I dont think i have ever seen full auto work properly and now semi is knackerd to, I admit he doesnt take it apart very often to clean/maintain but its had very little use. If there is ever a gun you like and TM make it, its a no brainer for me!

Look at the KWA 93R NS2 as well, its full auto/burst/semi though the mags are a bit expensive. £130 for the gun and £40 each for the mags, your £250 would buy a nice set up
              Last edited by FlangTal1ty; 22 March, 2012, 19:02.

Comment

Hmm I think I will look at the hi capa / m7a1 idea
                sigpic

Comment

My ksc glock 18 is amazing so i dont know whats wrong with your mates flang

Comment

the only think that will put a bigger smile on your face than 2 g18c's being dual wielded on full auto, is 2 gbb mp5ks being dual wieleded on full auto. go with the glock, they are customisable, they have full auto for when hou need to supress and retreat, they are light, and they can have big mags. its a no brainer. realy
                    For Sale!
                    A&K massada sniper spec
                    Chronograph

Comment

Sir Stephen *bows down* speaks sence.
                      I use a Glock 18c with four 50rd mags (loaded with 41rds :P)
                      And I keep all this porographic content in a 5.11 MOAB6
                      That by far is the best combination if your sniping, because its all out of the way (as I should be)
                      Originally posted by Tiercel
                      The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

I think a Hi-Capa is a great choice.
                        Lots of custom/spare part available is a plus too.
                        If you don't know, Ask. I you know, Share.

Comment

to clear up : im not sniping i have a long ish gun at 350fps m4 style. so i just need something smaller and fun preferably gas
                          sigpic

Comment

only problem i can see with using a Hi capa is there are very few holsters designed specificatly for them (that arnt for race guns anyway)
                            glocks or 1911's on the other hand have a shed load, namely serpas, which will garenty to keep your pistol safe.
                            out of the hi capa, glock, and 1911, which are all customisable, only the glock an the 1911 have proper holsters (which you need imo if your skirmishing with them), and out of the glock and the 1911, the glock has the better mags as you dont need to regas them nearly as often. (you can also get the good old 51rnd mags, and glocks can be full auto)
                            For Sale!
                            A&K massada sniper spec
                            Chronograph

Comment

ok so what upgrades are avaiable for the Glock 18c ? i do like it its a nice gun just i like to tinker and upgrade.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Crysis Hello! My names James, Business owner to E-Flux LTD. Find out more about Crysis
                              Working...
                              X