G&P M4 and 11v LIPO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P M4 and 11v LIPO?

Can a standard G&P V2 gearbox handle a 11v LIPO without breaking? I prodominately shoot semi only.

Re: G&P M4 and 11v LIPO??

No, is the simple answer. There are only two or three AEG's designed to take 11v lipo's out the box, you gain nothing by using them, so stick to a 7.4v especially if you mostly shoot semi.

Comment

If you like your pistons teeth to stay where they are then i wouldnt bother.

If you insist then make sure you correct AOE and install a mosfet. depending on your spring rate you may also have to look out for pre engagement.
      sigpic

Comment

it depends what you mean by handle... tecnicaly yes it can but probly not for long! a mosfet + aoe correction is minimum for a 11.1

Comment

It could possibly damage trigger contacts as well, which isn't nice. As mentioned before you'd be better off with a 7.4 lipo or sticking a mosfet in and adjusting the AOE.

Comment

The G&P M4s are designed to run on a 7.2v NIMH battery, they come with a high speed set up out of the box, Im using a 7.4v lipo and bugger me that thing is nippy! An 11.1 would be total overkill

Comment

I'm using a 7.4v in my G&P and it seems to fire perfectly? If you predominantly shoot on semi auto, I can't see why you would need a higher voltage as it is only going to improve the ROF on auto, the increase in trigger response of moving to 11.1v is also very minute. Besides, the gearbox/piston teeth can't take it so its irrelevant

Comment

Another vote for 7.4v, use one in my G&P and it's a) rapid on auto - if you need more then you're doing it wrong and b) perfectly quick trigger response on semi

Comment

Re: G&P M4 and 11v LIPO?

i have one in mine with an ascu and its very naughty.

Comment

If u buy an 11.1 for the g&p make sure you get a magnet with it to remove all the bits of gears from your gun

Comment

I use one in mine with its ASCU, no problems with it at all. Although there is very little difference with the 7.4.
                      Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                      Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                      X