lipo's and m4 ris rails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lipo's and m4 ris rails

Depending on use a lipo of the same size as nimh should give you double the fire time if not a little longer.
    "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
    Life in the fast lane........
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
      nice one guys! some really helpfull advice, will check out all these idea's, how long roughly will say a 1200 mah last? is it longer in comparison to a nimh?
      ive heard its about or between 1.5 to 2 bb's per mAh....but dont hold me to it
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

A 1200 lasts me all day, but then again I'm getting old and lazy.

I generally take a spare out with me, but I've never needed to use it. On return from a game I put the batteries on to charge and it's rare for one to take more than 10 minutes or so to get back to fully charged. 2 1200's lasted me for the weekender last year, working between my VFC 416 and my M14 DMR (loads of drain with a high power spring and single shot only).
        sigpic

Comment

wow thats quite admirable for a 1200, maybe to air on the safe side il go for say 1450, does your charger caveira turn off when charged? im worried about the dangerous aspects of lipo

Comment

dont worry about lipos...all this nonsense about explosions is just scare stories...as long as you dont beat them or puncture them they are safe...most lipo chargers stop charging when they are full mine sometimes even gives out a beep when its full, maybe it does it everytime,but i just dont hear it...your best bet if you are worried and to be on the safe side is to get a biscuit tin or quality street tin when you are chaging it at home and put it in that.....
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
              wow thats quite admirable for a 1200, maybe to air on the safe side il go for say 1450, does your charger caveira turn off when charged? im worried about the dangerous aspects of lipo
              Exactly as said above, don't worry about lipos unless you misuse them. Yes, they can flare and burn fast (rather than explode), but that really takes some doing.

I'm using a B6 charger and it charges and balances, plus can also be used on nimn and even car/bike batteries. Auto switch-off and taper charging is pretty much standard for a semi-decent lipo chargers.
              sigpic

Comment

well thats brilliant guys and thanks for all the help, but i dont think its all going to work out =/ just made a mock up of a single "stick" as it where from the smallest nunchuck style battery i could find and it does not fit for crap :\

Comment

You can generally split chewing gum stick batteries in half, Ie, there are two 3.7v cells in there, split the pack up open. Then turn to the two smaller cells in to your nunchucks. Kong Power 7.4v 1300mAh 15C Stick Battery buffer tube, its already mighty small and will go smaller. Size:130(L)x20(W)x10(H)mm Think those are the right size according to manufactures website.
                  sigpic

Comment

nice one pacey, well i found a nunchuck type with the dimensions 129mm by 22.0mm and the thickness is 6.0 and it kinda fits but thats without a fuse and an alarm

Comment

I've never really bothered with alarms, you can get a volt meter that will plug in to the balance port on the lipo. When I first started using them, i just played for an hour pluged the meter in, hadn;t dented the voltage so played the day, half drained at the end so I know my bat won't discharge fully during a normal game day. I wouldn't even bother with a fuse personally but if you do, just go with an inline resettable at half the size of glass.
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                      Working...
                      X