Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What's the legal (site) fps limit for sniper rifles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the legal (site) fps limit for sniper rifles?

Hi guys,

Possibly been answered before and hidden somewhere in this forum but...

...I've been away from airsoft for some time now so a bit out of touch with what is considered an acceptable FPS limit for sniper rifles...any ideas?

Cheers

Re: What's the legal (site) fps limit for sniper rifles?

In what part of the country?

Comment

At which site? Different sites have different rules for FPS of sniper rifles, GZW is 500fps for a bolt action, 425 for an electric semi automatic Rifle, Some sites have limits of 350 for their snipers...

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

328fps in Northern Ireland...

Comment

I'm based in London and used to go to Ambush Wargames (Chobham & Eversley) but wanted to get a feel for what is generally accepted at other nearby sites.

I only ask as I have a custom M4 sniper rifle (ala Gordy from Blackhawk Down) and it currently fires at 450fps

Comment

Which one was Gordy? I only know GZW sniper limits im afraid, i'll let others fill you in on other sites.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Usually it's 500fps. Check with your local site?
              Originally posted by psirus101
              I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

If it's M4 based then most sites will limit it to either 328 or 350 fps unless it's been locked to semi.
                sigpic

Comment

Locked to semi, if you used to go to eversley (me too) go to xsite in high wyecombe.
                  Locked to semi:450
                  Boltie:500
                  -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                  -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

yeah its locked to semi.

@CK it was the gun Gary Gordon (Gordy) used during the attempted rescue of the downed pilot.

Anyway thanks for the advise people - any recommend sites within and around the London area also appreciated.

Comment

As above mate, id reccomend xsite lane end (high wyecombe) Or battle lakes (tunbridge wells) for woodland at least.

Comment

cheers buddy - both sites look pretty good.

Comment

My local's semi limit is 360.

And be careful - I've read some sites don't allow semi-locked AEGs to use the semi limit.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                            My local's semi limit is 360.

And be careful - I've read some sites don't allow semi-locked AEGs to use the semi limit.
                            Thats a good point, email/call whichever site you choose and ask.

Comment

Will do - thanks guys.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RexKwonDoBoy Find out more about RexKwonDoBoy
                              Working...
                              X