Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systema Dilema

hi guys and gals
    i need ur help/advice on the systema m4 ptw (que collective groan)

Basicly i have a bank balance that will withstand the impact of a ridiculosly expensive toy gun and ive always wanted one as they are meant to be the muts nuts, all pretty straight forward, just go buy one then i hear you say, but wait, the plot thickens!

I already own a TM CQBR and TM Scar L so my dilema is thus:
    will i be super stoked with its range and performance over the aformentioned guns or will i be left thinking i just spent the equivelant of the greek GDP (got to be about a grand and a half right? on 3 extra foot of range (and no grin enducing, part disslodging recoil!)

This money was destined for a RIF and a rather atractive alternative seems to be a TM M14 SOCOM as basicly i play in woodland and range is my primary requirement (dont want a sniper rifle though as laying stock still all day dressed as a shrubbery, waiting for that perfect shot does nought for my inner Rambo.) and with the extra cash i could upgrade its internals though ive never even attempted to do so on any gun before. (WARNING: If this appears to be the best option more questions will follow)

So any thoughts or advice from anyone who has fired both the systema and any of the TM SOPMOD familly would be hugely appriciated. (or any advice from anyone to be honest) Im sure this must be dull as dishwater for most of you but spendding so much on one thing makes me jumpy

Thanks very much
    Si

Re: Systema Dilema

this thread is pointless since it'll just desced into a sopmod vs systema argument, but consider this I just sold all of my sopmod style guns and bought another systema............
    edit they're both great guns but totally differnt the sopmod is cheaper and feels cheaper and internally isn't as strong the ptw is over priced for some peoples budgets but bar the odd hop is a much more robust gun, I've dropped ptw down stairs and they've carried on working the same can't be said for some sopmods one of mine cracked after the slightest bump. also without internal upgrades the tm internals are fragile and designed to fail to keep them at 280 fps.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBI View Post
      this thread is pointless since it'll just desced into a sopmod vs systema argument, but consider this I just sold all of my sopmod style guns and bought another systema............
      With an attitude like that it is. At least give the forum a chance before you prove your prediction correct!

Digital Vole, is there anyone nearby you who has a Systema which you can try? At least you could then decide if it meets your expectations before taking the plunge and buying one.
      King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
      https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
      www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

And I've kept all my aeg's and my Celcius is coming next week... with a custom milled upper receiver, a real steel HK416 front end and sights... the first of 5 ever... (half the price of Tobi's systema! (and it doesn't need Tac faffing! AND comes with a full 12 month warranty!)

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
          With an attitude like that it is. At least give the forum a chance before you prove your prediction correct!

Digital Vole, is there anyone nearby you who has a Systema which you can try? At least you could then decide if it meets your expectations before taking the plunge and buying one.
          sorry are you forgetting this is zeroin you'll always get people who will argue the point for the sake of it, Have you owned both rifles side by side? have you been able to play a game and switch between the two to decide which is better? the people that tend to answer this thread are people that haven't owned or used the rifles back to back.
          also mad welshman my ptw is a max two and hasn't had any motor troubles because I bought it from tack for the princely sum of 1100 my hop and lipo mods came included and I flogged all of my original bits and earnt £200 out of them, my mags were 16 quid a piece my prime trademarked upper and lower and rs bits cost as much as the gun but that was to dress it up, in all honesty you've only reall saved a few hundred quid but you've bought yourself a similar stigma to what I get for owning a ptw which is he has a ptw so he must automatically be a knobber. and then you get the knobber ptw owners who think your celcius is a pile of poo but this is airsoft your going to get different opinions on differnt products. I know a few ctw owners that have replaced there ctw parts with fight club custom parts so they can't be that great but then I know systema owners that have done so aswell so they're both not magic guns that make you better they're just guns and out of the price range for most airsofters.

Comment

Digital Vole my suggestion is a simple one, ask someone with a PTW if you can test fire it to see what the range and accuracy is like, along with trigger response and all the other endearing factors.

If you live midlands way your welcome to get in touch and have a looksie at mine as i'm proud as punch of her.

Comment

I haven't used both for a game, but have handled both my socom and the M16a2 systema.

It depends what brings a smile to your face.

Shooting your gun, or getting the Jill with it?

Comment

Thing is buddy, what're you looking for in a gun? The TM recoil series is extremely good (range, quality of firing, the recoil is exceptionally good etc), and the PTWs are fantastic when it comes to overall build quality, the internals are fantastic and the range is great (it can be caught up by other AEGs, there's no denying that)

I justified my purchase of a PTW with how often I played airsoft. Do you tend to play airsoft most months or not very often?

If you want to buy a PTW, then don't bother asking any of us on this forum as it's all down to your gut feeling to be honest.
                PTWs are fantastic rifles, and so are the TM recoils, but there will be a difference in how they fire and how they feel in your hands.

Failing a PTW, I've heard the Celcius CTW MX3s are pretty good - why not try one of them?

Go to your local site and look for people with a Celcius or a PTW and ask to have a go with it. First hand experience is the best experience and there's only so much you can get from opinions on this forum.

Comment

TOBI, whilst I haven't owned a PTW I have handled one and couldn't see the reason to get one, however that was my conclusion. I can assure you that my initial post was far more helpful than your initial post, as testing the rifles is the best way to decide if the PTW is worth the money for your uses.

Also break up your posts, a wall of text is difficult to read at the best of times!

Again OP, test and make your decision then. You are spending too much money to risk buying one and then decide it wasnt worth it.
                  www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Wind it in kids! Try and help the op instead of clogging the thread up with bickering over toys!

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
                      TOBI, whilst I haven't owned a PTW I have handled one and couldn't see the reason to get one, however that was my conclusion. I can assure you that my initial post was far more helpful than your initial post, as testing the rifles is the best way to decide if the PTW is worth the money for your uses.

Also break up your posts, a wall of text is difficult to read at the best of times!

Again OP, test and make your decision then. You are spending too much money to risk buying one and then decide it wasnt worth it.
                      Your conclusion though it's only one opinion did you by any chance handle the two simultaenously? also you don't see the point of a ptw therefore I take it a ferrari perplexes you aswell?

Comment

TOBI you are missing the point I am making. Whilst I cannot justify a PTW I am not saying nobody can justify one. I am advising that the OP test one and then make a decision to save the chance of regretting buying one.

Also, I can see the point in them, just that point doesn't fit my requirements, so stop being a pedantic tool and get over yourself before jumping to conclusions about someone you have NEVER met, and stop fighting to defend PTWs when nobody has attacked them in this thread, you are making yourself look like a child.
                        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

My c*ck is bigger than yours!!!!!!!!

Back to topic, as someone has pointed out, it's your gut feeling really.
                          I won't buy a systema, not because I hate them, I don't. Not because I can't afford. Not because of the stigma either.
                          I personally play Airsoft to have fun, if you can't do that without a PTW, then the question is more about 'is this the right hobby for me?'
                          The bit that massively puts me off is 1200 quid plus for mags for a gun that doesn't really buy you a massive range advantage, if any at all. A gun like all others that will go wrong but can cost an absolute fortune to repair.

Now I own a CTW which I've been informed by someone who knows the original owner that performance wise it was on par with a PTW, yet I still go back to a cheap springer shotgun, or a pistol, or my A&K LR300, why? Because I enjoy using them and get a grin factor from them.
                          My advice? Try before you buy, you might not get that grin factor.
                          section 24 of the 1968 Act
                          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                            My c*ck is bigger than yours!!!!!!!!

...Try before you buy, you might not get that grin factor.
                            You made me spit my tea all over my laptop laughing.

Also, nice to see someone is hearing what I was saying
                            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Wow, I don't think this is going anywhere.
                              Like asking a group of gamer's: Xbox or PS3
                              OS fan boys: Windows or mac

Fan boys will be fan boys.

My suggestion: lay low for a bit and think about it. Try going to games more often and see if you can spot someone with a Systema. Ask for a pop. If your jaw doesn't drop to the ground in disbelief of how good it is then don't get one.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

digital vole Find out more about digital vole
                              Working...
                              X