My personal lipo setup questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My personal lipo setup questions

Considering most people only own one charger, they will recommend the one they have. I use the X-Charger B6, works as well as any other lipo charger... as for deans or tamiya, I've airsoft'd for over 10 years and changed to deans only just last year, I think eventually everyone will switch to deans, even without the efficiency debate, it's just a better connector, tamiya can be annoying especially when you come across cheap ones where the metal is wobbly inside the plugs, not to mention in case of a short, on someone's guy on one occasion the two plugs fused together due to the cheap not-so heat resistant plastic mini-tamiyas tend to use. As for not able to switch batteries with your team.. well, I switched partially because people on my team don't use tamiya anymore :S.

Comment

yeah your right things will no doubt change but for now ive spent too much money :P

Comment

Originally posted by blobface View Post
        Considering most people only own one charger, they will recommend the one they have. I use the X-Charger B6, works as well as any other lipo charger...
        Many lipo chargers are exactly the same, in every way, for example the Imax B6 and the accucel6, are exactly the same, in almost every way...

If you get a basic Lipo charger, it usually does up to 6 cells (Imax B6, Accucell6

The only real difference is the outer casing. They will all do the same job.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

What lipo alarm setup did you decide for in the end? And recommendations from others?

I have a raptor MOSFET but I've just discovered te lipo protection works on a whole battery voltage not individual cells... Which can be a problem.

My alternative lipo alarm screams when I fire due to the temporary drop, totally giving my position away. Does anyone have a way round that?

Also the accucell 6 is pretty nice, there is added piece of mind when you can see exactly what the charger is doing believe me. Hobbyking sell it for like $30 or something I think.

Comment

Jp en er g pro Lipro dual 6 is what I use , state of the art pro charger ac dc power heat sensor USB connection can charge any battery you can name brilliant machine with no crappy external power supplies to buy/ replace. Highly recommend

Comment

Originally posted by HerrNilson View Post
              What lipo alarm setup did you decide for in the end? And recommendations from others?

I have a raptor MOSFET but I've just discovered te lipo protection works on a whole battery voltage not individual cells... Which can be a problem.

My alternative lipo alarm screams when I fire due to the temporary drop, totally giving my position away. Does anyone have a way round that?

Also the accucell 6 is pretty nice, there is added piece of mind when you can see exactly what the charger is doing believe me. Hobbyking sell it for like $30 or something I think.
              do you really need to have an alarm constantly attached? the raptor will cut off the power when the lipo's charge drops below a certain level, stopping the aeg from being used, when this happens you attached one of those portable meters to check its reading and charge the battery when nesessary
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Raptor kicked in on Friday, one cell read 2.75v, the battery was a G&P 11.1v and I've had issues with the middle cell from the start.

However you should be aware the raptor is not a true lipo monitor as it does not check the individual cells.

Comment

I don't have a monitor constantly attached...never have...

I have also never had any problems with my lipos, I was reading a RC forum the other day, and loads of people on there were claiming they don't even bother balancing their lipos...crazy mo fo's.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Yeah I've read similar things and I get tr impression that historically they have been using higher quality more expensive batteries in RC. Thy still require balancing but it's something that was neglected for a long time.

Comment

Rc batteries are definatly better quality than the Airsoft specific ones . Same with the chargers as well . I always try to source an equal size battery from rc shops . Have raced cars , planes , boats for years and most rc motors are know brushless , shame they are too big to fit in a gun because they are faster and more powerfull than any Airsoft motor you can find on the market . The charger I use is capable of charging or balancing any battery you can name . Massive heat sinks so no need for a fan inside them . Just solid proven quality parts are used . Got fed up of cooked power supplies an fans giving up years ago . Fans are only fitted when crap heat sinks are used in the first place , that is why my charger can charge at up to 50 watts if needed

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                      Working...
                      X