The TM FN-57 Good Gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The TM FN-57 Good Gun?

I thought the FN-57 was one of the ugliest pistols when I first saw it but I am rather liking the look of it in dark eath now, however want to know peoples experiences with them e.g. performance, feel, gas efficiency etc. Thanks

Re: The TM FN-57 Good Gun?

Best Pistol I ever owned.

No mods, just straight propane and .28bb's.
    Shot like a laser, accuracy that out-matched most AEG's.

Worked all year round to boot.

Buy one.

Comment

Generally regarded as one of TM's best - if not THE best - pistols. Own one myself and it's never let me down.
      sigpic

Comment

Great pistol, can't get much better with accuracy and range.

Comment

Best TM out there.

Comment

Ok thanks for the input what's gas efficiency like?

Comment

Having owned 2 I can say the TM 5.7 is a fantastic pistol. Exellent range, brilliant power, reliable**, tiny tiny amounts of cooldown, large gas and round capacity. The gas efficiency is especially good as it has such a tiny plastic slide and such large magazines.

Stock I could range most AEGS (120ft) once I installed a Nineball & 6.03mm Inner Barrel I was getting dead accurate shots out to 160ft -180ft easy.

However it does have 2 major issues which can cause irreparable damage.

The first is the outer barrel.
              Its held into the hop unit via 2 small nubs on either half of the outer barrel. This can normally be solved by installed the steel/aluminium outer barrels and this wont happen.
              However what can happen is the nubs in the hop unit sheer off, making installation of the outer barrel impossible and the need for major bodge work or new hop unit.

Only seen the hop nubs come off on my friends 5.7 but none the less it still happend.

Secondly the BBU housing is crazily designed.
              There are two removable 'rails' on the lower part of the BBU which actually hold the BBU to the frame of the pistol instead of just sitting in the slide. Again this is held to the BBU via 2 screws & 2 nubs. When the nubs break off it causes jams, slide issues, non-return issues. Then more major bodge work is needed for it to run properly.

The third is not so much of a problem but personal preferance. It does not like Propane or very good Green Gas, if the pressures slightly too high the slide tends to jam back, not lock back, properly jam. It can also cause the slide to shatter at the back. Thats on both the TM frame & the Guarder 'reinforced' frame.

Comment

After owning 6 TM FN 5-7's (still have them) i haven't had a single problem with any of them at all, i run all of them on Black gas & .25's.
                Here are some pictures that may make you change your mind about it being a "ugly pistol"

Regards,
                X-ray

*ATM gas efficiency on black gas is about 3 1/3 mags per refill**
                Last edited by x-ray; 4 April, 2012, 10:44.

Comment

Come to the 5-7 side!
                  I own a 5-7 (in FG), and I can't fault it. Also gets a lot of people wanting to look at it.
                  Lets put it this way, if the 5-7 was a woman I'd marry her
                  Originally posted by Tiercel
                  The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

I think I will be getting one the gaurder kits are only £45 are they metal seem a little too cheap

Comment

The Guarder Kits are the same as the real pistol, Nylon Fibre or whatever they are, and feel much better, are stronger & weightier than the TM ones. With FN Herstal Trades iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by Billyb View Post
                        The Guarder Kits are the same as the real pistol, Nylon Fibre or whatever they are, and feel much better, are stronger & weightier than the TM ones. With FN Herstal Trades iirc.
                        The Rs FN Herstal version has a polymer exterior to the slide with a steel inner...

Originally posted by I love Airsoft View Post
                        I think I will be getting one the gaurder kits are only £45 are they metal seem a little too cheap
                        after past experience with the guarder kits I have found the lower Frame to be the only part that works without breaking, I had the top slide changed to guarder to see if it was any different after 2 mags on green gas it had split , luckily I got most of the internals working again but if you get the guarder kit just use the frame not the top slide, fair enough they have very tasty trades they just don't stay in one piece for more then 5 minuets. (to anyone who questions this I sent it back and received a new top slide which did EXACTLY the same) although if there is a newer kit available I'm sure they will have remedied the problem. If you would like the part No. for the FDE lower just say as I have a full parts list for TM :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

I love Airsoft Find out more about I love Airsoft
                        Working...
                        X