Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracer units and Tracer bb's

Despite putting it in the newbie section, i ain'tt :D

Anyway, Was wondering how tracer BB's work, and why do they need the tracer unit on the end of the gun, and how does that work...? ;o

Anyone know?

Thanks

Re: Tracer units and Tracer bb's

The bb's are made of glow-in-the-dark material that needs to be charged somehow. In the tracer unit there's a little UV light I think that charges the BB as it flies through the unit to make it glow in the dark. You can also get tracer mags which charge the bbs that are in the magazines. At least this is what I understand
    TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
    Tokyo Marui P90
    HFC M9 Special Forces
    KSC Glock 18c

Comment

Problems with tracers mags are if you want mutliple mags it works out much more expensive than the tracer unit, and if you don't fire for a while the BB's that have left the mag but are still sitting in your gun will lose their charge.
      "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

You understnad correctly. The bbs are made of a material that reacts to the light emmited by the tracer unit, whether it be the G&P mag or the TM silencer, to name two. The bb will "glow" fairly sharply for a small period of time (a bit longer than the time it takes to complete a flight from your average AEG). The result is you being able to see your shots far more easily.

Comment

Don't forget, that like real tracer, the guy you're shooting at can track the flight of rounds back to you. So can his mates!
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, they do work both ways. Main reason I haven't bought one actually.

Comment

The BB is made of an Ultra Violet reactive plastic and inside the tracer unit are Ultra Violet LED's. When the UV light hits the BB's it makes them glow for a brief period of time.

I have seen people modify a couple of UV led's into there magazines or even the hop-up units so you dont need to fit anything external that might spoil your gucci gear.

Pretty much a tiny version of those big UV lamps in nightclubs and BB's wearing little tiny white t-shirts while they rave down the inner barrel towards your foe.
              SAVE OUR SPORT
              http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Originally posted by apmaman View Post
                BB's wearing little tiny white t-shirts while they rave down the inner barrel towards your foe.
                Poetry!!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

There was a guy I was talking to who got on very well at Town Assault one year. He had a tracer unit fitted to his SR25, he would spot them enemy players using a NV sight then put a couple of tracer rounds in thier direction or that of any large groups trying to move, at which point the rest of his blokes would open up on wherever his rounds were falling. with their normal AEGs and what have you.

So yes, tracer does work both ways, but used properly, it can be a great little tool.

Comment

will Look brilliant if lots of people on each team use one in a night im sure, all these orange and green specs of light flying every where

Comment

All sounds good, but isn't it giving away your position ?

Comment

Yea it can do if you dont haul ass after firing, can also be used as a trick to flank them and confuse them, doubt thats the case with real life rounds.

Comment

were i play its really dark inside. tracers are soo cool. i just invested in the tm tracer unit and its awesum

Comment

Nothing quite as fun as being shot at by someone with a tracer in QCB, really adds to the experience
                            "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

it well cool usin em at night i just fixed my tracer mag so gunna play with lads 2nite

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                              Working...
                              X