Which G36K?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which G36K?

I'm looking at getting a G36K but not sure which is the best one to go for.

I'm happy to pay for the best quality one and would rather have one with useable optics and one that doesn't need too much done to it. So far I am looking at Ares, JG, Classic Army and TM.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Re: Which G36K?

my suggestion is to ditch the optical carry handles and get a c-type top rail with a dot or holosight, as the eye relief on the built in optics is utter crap. build quality wise, Ares are quite sturdy, as is the CA. TM don't do a K so you'd need to get a kit for it, and don't ignore the JG, may be Chinese but JG are still good guns.
    as for performance, again its all a case of what you go for and what you do to it. i know folks who have the old star G36's (which was crap, kept breaking down every 5 minutes) and others who have the Ares and are fine, another swears by his CA, and my teams 2IC loves her TM, though none of us have used the JG so can't compare that one :P it all depends on your budget but also think about what you wanna add to it, as the only one that would come with a battery is the JG, but you'd still wanna replace it as Chinese batts can have a tendency to... well... go boom :D
    sigpic
    Mercs Boss
    Armoury:
    ICS MP5A4 w/ Lighted Forend \ G&P XM177E2 w/M203 \ ZM Weapons Original LR300 \ TM MP7A1 \ TM M1911A1 \ TM P226R

Comment

ive had all of them, and the CA one is the best built - the gas block and added barrel support inside are not on any oter make, gearbox wise the ca's are prtty much between tm and ares - more on the tm quality side, jgs are good tough, might need some work but the plastic body sucks compared to the nylon fber ones that the ca and ares ones are made of
      back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

I had a JG one, without scope. It was a great gun and cheap.

Comment

JG for me. Cheap and reliable. Used as hire guns a lot of the time. Can take a lot of punishment (mine has )
          JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

I'd go either JG or Ares.

The JG is a very good gun, which a lot of sites use as rentals. It's cheaper, so if there are any problems you've got more money to sort them, as well as more money for accessories.

The Ares is a clone of the CA and nearly as good. Body wise, the Ares/CA use the same composite firbe body as the real steel, where the others use ABS, so if realism is your thing they're better. They also have a quick change spring facility, so if you go to different sites, with different fps limits, it's a quick and easy change.
            sigpic

Comment

Classic Army

Comment

Wait untill the new Classic army and Tokyo Marui G36k's are out. The TM one looks tasty
                "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Another View Post
                  Wait untill the new Classic army and Tokyo Marui G36k's are out. The TM one looks tasty
                  And I'm sure within a couple of months JG will have an identical one :D:D:D

That's the good thing with the JG's, all the TM bits fit!!
                  JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Thanks for all your help, lots of good comments.

I think I'll either go for the Ares or the Classic Army.

Comment

Originally posted by Another View Post
                      Is there any more info on these new versions, like how they differ from the old ones and release dates?

Comment

JG for me too, mine is 4 months old and has seen some abuse and a few mags through it too The finish is good, hop works well and i get a consistant 335fps and decent range with it at every skirmish.

The only mods im going to do will be the battery stock so i can fit a larger battery in it so i dont change battery mid game but other than that nice bit of kit

Ask about joining the UNIT

Comment

Originally posted by leapfrog View Post
                          Is there any more info on these new versions, like how they differ from the old ones and release dates?
                          They both have blow back, and upgraded gearboxes. The CA has high power internals from what I can tell, where as the TM will probably have better Quality. The blow back on the CA in piston driven, as is the TM I think but slightly different.

The New CA features a metal hop up. The TM's main body is still made out of ABS but it does have an improved carry handle optic which has a small RIS rail on it. Doesn't sound too exciting but with a small aimpoint or red dot, it would be awesome.

TM will probably be slightly cheaper, hopefully. The New CA's are rather pricey at £400
                          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

leapfrog Find out more about leapfrog
                          Working...
                          X