Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Carrying mags ect whilst wearing a ghillie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrying mags ect whilst wearing a ghillie?

Right will be making/buying a ghillie soon, and i was wondering whats a good way to carry mags, as i had intended to take an AEG so i could join in when the game gets a little close or whatever.
    Anyways i was thinking of some sort of belt rig or low down chest rig. Anyone got any experience with this and give me a name and/or pics?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?oaet3k
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

my ghillie suit has holes like pockets that i can reach through into my tactical vest underneath.
    then again depends if your making the poncho kind or one thats stuck to some old dpm

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Probably a mix of the two i was thinking belt rig so it goes between the jacket and trousers, but i havent made or bought one yet, planning ahead and all.

---
      I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?u1d23z

Comment

Re: Carrying mags ect whilst wearing a ghillie?

google sniper belt - or get molle belt and h harness and build yr own

shev

Comment

Go for a belt rather than a vest, vests get in the way when you are prone.
          Team Chimera Captain.
          Assaulter/Scout Sniper/General sneaky B***ard!

Armoury:
          TM M14, ICS M4 RIS, KA M4SD, ICS MP5 SD6 (for sale), TM MP5 SWAT, Tanaka M700 (for sale), TM VSR-10, TM Sig P226, TM 1911A1, TM Mk.23 SOCOM.

Comment

Yeah umbrella i was thinking belt& harness

---
            I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gkdpqs

Comment

A few suggestions, which you decide on will largely be governed by how you play.

I would suggest gear on a belt on your hips. A ghillie traditionally only covered the back part of the body. Kit on your hips gives full access when stood up and minimal fuss access when prone... you may need to roll to one side a little. DONT FOGET to make a gun ghillie also.

**sniper spends 20 crawling to within inches of the enemy**

"oi, Dave, is this your rifle on the floor?"
              "nah mate, got mine here..."

2 seconds later, sniper gets lit up!

1. Twin mag clips.
              Rigs don't get much more low drag than this. If you feel 2 mags is not enough for your style of play you could double up with twin mags on the gun and one set in a pouch on your chosen hip.

2. Molle belt rig with chosen pouches.
              Would suggest the single mag type with elastic retainers. They are low profile and more importantly, if your cam and concealment is any good, you dont want people to hear "RRRRIIIIIIIP" as you open a velcro pouch to do a tactical mag change 3 meters from the enemy.

3. Chest rig or similar
              If you still fancy all of the assault stuff, but want the enhanced cam of the ghillie to get you closer before engagements or, dare i suggest, knife kills/surrenders, wear a low profile front rig, again with the elastic retainers and concentrate your cam to your head, shoulders, arms AND GUN - make a rifle wrap too (gun ghillie)

4. Leg rigs
              These are not my cup of tea but a leg rig of some description be just the job for some. Allowing for a full suit of camo. I found it to be awkward when trying to do mag changes.

Regardless of wether you buy or make a ghillie, put elastic on it. They are only a base line - the finishing touches come from the local area so you blend in.

Comment

Cheers loki, not gonna try to quote bits on my iphone. But i am well aware i will need gun wrap and elastic! Thats the main reason i dont want one of those stringy cod look alike ghillies. We shall see how it goes as ive got like 7 months to perfect it...
                And am very inclined to a belt rig with pouches on the back.
                Gonna take a few bits (mags ect) down the surplus store and try out some stuff theyve got there.

Comment

How close are you to camberley?

There is a tailor on the Royal Engineers barracks down there who makes bespoke kit - he has done a few bits for me. If you cant find what you are looking for i could put you in touch. You describe it, he'll make it.

Comment

About an hour according to google maps, think is im only on a 125 with L plates. So i cant easily get there.

Comment

ahhhh, lack of motorway is a pain in the backside!

If he is still going, he could work off a drawing - obviously the easiest thing would some sort of molle rig as you can switch it about at will

Comment

Yeah, i think im gonna go for a MOLLE belt rig tbh. I would just use the backpanel on my current rig but its Coyote Tan, not the best for woodland!

Comment

I've gotta be honest, I'd stop you as soon as you say "I'm taking an AEG too." Don't.

I've played sniper a freaking lot and all I can say is that mess of slings and guns is more of a hindrance than anything, you'll be either making so much noise or so preoccupied with where your gun is, you'll get hit before you can even get on the sights... I tried it once and lasted 15 minutes.

After 2 years, my rig has developed to a plate carrier with my hydration pouch on the back, and a couple of small utility pouches on the front for bits and pieces. Then on my belt I run my Glock 18c in a gunclip and 2 spare mags in a fobus...

I wear a web-tex concealment vest over the top that has LOADS of jute, twine, hessian and other stuff sewn in... The camo isn't so hot on the front, but then I figure if I'm stood up with my chest facing the enemy, they can see me anyway... I should be on the deck on my belly.

Comment

Yes ben, im not on about slinging it at the same time. I shoulve expanded on that saying so i dont have to swap about rigs ect messing about as i cant take a great deal of gear with me.

---
                            I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?xhph1t

Comment

AH, I get you, you just want one rig to do it all?

Bit of a toughie really... I've been using some Blue Force Gear stuff for a while now... Elasticated pouches retain most stuff, from an SR25 mag to a couple of VSR mags and a pistol mag speedloader...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jonny lovegrove Marshal @ ZED Adventures: The Mall - RIP 2018 Find out more about jonny lovegrove
                              Working...
                              X